• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Road Runner broadcast codes help

ncrobb

Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
Well, the third time is the charm. Right? Before yesterday I had found two broadcast sheets in my car, neither of which matched it. Yesterday while replacing the package tray I found a third and IT MATCHES!! I purchased the car from the original owner and when I asked about the odd combination of options I was told they ordered the car. So I’ve dug around and found most of the info I’ve been looking for with regard to the codes on the fender tag and now the broadcast sheet but a couple have me stumped.

Under Suspension-Steering these codes are listed: S51 and S86 for Steering Wheel. Anybody know what they mean?

Also noted a couple descepancies. The code for an electric clock, J21, is on the broadcast sheet but the car doesn’t have one.

The broadcast sheet shows V1F for a green vinyl top, fender tag has F1F which reports back as unknown top color. Car actually has no vinyl top and is stripe delete.

Robb

S51 is a front sway bar. S86 is three spoke steering wheel with horn tabs. I can't comment on your car, but mistakes did happen. I have seen cars that were coded for something, but didn't have it.

Auto Transport Service
Back