• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Upper Control Arm cross shaft nut torque spec

Builderguy

Builderguy
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
At work and don't have access to my shop manuals. Can someone please let me know what the torque spec is for the cross shaft nuts that squeeze the UPC bushings is. Not the adjustment bolts, just the cross shaft end nuts. Vehicle is a 73 Roadrunner. For some reason 75 ft/lbs comes to mind but I want to be sure. Thanks in advance

75 ft/lb is correct...

suspension (2).jpg

All it takes is to use your Factory Service Manual. I am surprised that so many people ask questions that are in the service manuals...

As originally posted, I have the shop manuals but did not have access to them while at work, and I needed a quick answer for the shop doing an alignment. If I could have found it on the web I would not have asked for the information. Simple question and 69Bee gave a timely answer that saved some headache and I thanked him for the information. When at home and having access to 71,72, and 73 manuals, I routinely answer these types of questions if the answer one seeks is in those manuals. I don't consider it a big deal to help someone out if I have the information they need. But that is just the helping person that I am and I kinda like that.

The rest of the story. It was at a shop doing an alignment. Didn't say that.
It is online. I have all of my manuals online. I store them in a folder in my computer for quick reference and to print a page or section if I need it. No books to take care of or haul around.
Keep this link in your wallet in case you need another service away from home.
https://mymopar.com/resource-library/

Last edited:
Are you the owner/caretaker of mymopar.com?

No but it is an excellent resource for Mopar info of all types. I have used info from them for many years. I recommend it to everyone. It is free. What else can you ask for?

Was just wondering who was responsible for the site redesign that made it more difficult to find things.

Some things also seem to be missing.

Don't get me wrong, it's valuable info I've used many, many times esp the tag decoders, and I'm glad it's there.

I also find it interesting that there doesn't seem to be much activity there.

Auto Transport Service
Back