• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 1973 Upper Control Arm Nut

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkRod

Formerly hsorman
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:36 AM
Reaction score
Looks like I had a mishap with my 73 Road Runner. It seems the alignment guy may not have tightened the upper control arm nuts on the right side, so I lost the bushing, washer and nut. I have a bushing on order and found a washer, but I still need the 5/8 nut.

I need the nut only as shown in the picture below.
20220326_184827.jpg

I don't know if there is something special about this nut, so I am leery to use a regular 5/8 nut.

I appreciate it if someone can scrounge me up one!

Thanks in advance,

Hawk

Hawk,
My parts car is out at the farm. It is a 74 but I think they have the same setup. I will check in the AM but if it is there it is yours. I will let you know in the morning.

Ray

Hawk,
My parts car is out at the farm. It is a 74 but I think they have the same setup. I will check in the AM but if it is there it is yours. I will let you know in the morning.

Ray
Many thanks - I greatly appreciate it!

This is what is on the parts car. Not exactly the same but all four matched so I assume they are OEM for this year. I have one off so you are more than welcome to it. No charge, I can ship it out tomorrow afternoon.
IMG_6021.jpg
IMG_6022.jpg
IMG_6037.jpg

Thank you!!! I will PM you details.

Hawk

Looks like I have the same nut as Builderguy. My A arm hardware kit was removed from a '73 B Body (Satellite).

Builderguy has what appears as the correct nut.

20220328_011131.jpg 20220328_011146.jpg

Looks like I had a mishap with my 73 Road Runner. It seems the alignment guy may not have tightened the upper control arm nuts on the right side, so I lost the bushing, washer and nut. I have a bushing on order and found a washer, but I still need the 5/8 nut.

I need the nut only as shown in the picture below.
View attachment 1260767

I don't know if there is something special about this nut, so I am leery to use a regular 5/8 nut.

I appreciate it if someone can scrounge me up one!

Thanks in advance,

Hawk
That nut in your pic. doesn't look like a factory nut. I have never seen a control arm nut that looked like that one.

That nut in your pic. doesn't look like a factory nut. I have never seen a control arm nut that looked like that one.
73-4 b-body is just a different animal..

OP kind of looks like a self locking nut.

Thanks for the replies gents. I realize I forgot to close this thread. @Builderguy came through for me and provided the nut - thank you!

It is a locking nut that is crimped a bit at the top to avoid it backing off. The problem is that after removing the nut the lock doesn't hold so well. This time I put Loctite on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back