• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1974 440 HP block

Status
Not open for further replies.

detmatt1

Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Rather unusual to see a 74 HP block but here's one right here!
The casting date is hard to read but it's something like 5-9-74 and the top pad reads 4T440 HP and below that 7 3. There is a vin # on it but it's not complete and actually makes no sense either, it reads 4D35463. Maybe there should be a 1 after the D? Anyways it currently measures out to .020 overbore and I have not had it checked by a machine shop but it appears to be in good condition and includes the main caps.
It's located in the Detroit area for pick up but I'm open to shipping it if you make all the arrangements and pay for it(shipping).
Asking $400 obo.
I also have a bunch of 906 heads, 2 pair of 346 and 1 pair of 452, all considered cores and start at $50 a pair for bare castings.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 464
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 360
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 365
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 395
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 336
We've pulled down some early 74 440's out of VA state police cars and they had six pack rods in them. Nice piece there for someone with a 74.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back