• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Charger AC Unit Dealer Installed

terrywalker

Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
I pulled what appears to be a dealer installed A/C unit from my 74 Charger. The switch seen in photo was mounted in center of dash between the ashtray and glove box. It has the Chrysler logo on switch as seen in photo. The only part missing when I got the car was the compressor and filter/dryer. I pulled the unit from the car. and welded in holes. You can see a shortened black glove box in back of cardboard box. The blower motor works. This unit was independent of the heater/fan control switch panel on left side of dash. The stock looking a/c vents were installed in the correct places in dash and plastic bezel inset in dash pad above glove box using flex hoses as seen in photo. Is there any value in this unit or should it be thrown in the trash? Anyone else seen a unit like this. Thanks for any opinions or info.
Terry W.

Air Cond Parts 1.jpg

I pulled one out of a 68 polara that looked similar. Wish the hadn't cut the console to install it. But they did do a fabulous job. Looked really good.

I had that A/C unit in the box outside my shop and my wife saw it and pitched it all in the trash. Oh well, it was just taking up space in the shop.
Terry W.

Auto Transport Service
Back