• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Ebay Roadrunner

That guy's cars are so damn expensive. Is a 318 4 speed RR really worth 14K.

I bet he has a lot of no show winners.

That's a Road Runner???? Looks more like a Satellite with Road Runner emblems? Why order a Road Runner to look like a Satellite?

My only questions would be on the dash insert. That's not a Road Runner or Satellite insert and the Road Runner badge is in the wrong place. I would also like to know where that body trim came from. It had to be special ordered but there's nothing on the window sticker about it and the wheel trim is the only thing listed as a dealer-installed option.

I sure would like to have that color interior though.

I think the dash insert is for the aftermarket A/C. Sure looks like a hodge podge of options. I really want a grey RR with black top and 4 speed. The owner of the car I want won't sell even though it needs every body panel there is. He's just as sentimental about the car as me. I've been trying to buy it since 1993!

It's also interesting that someone would pay extra for a 4-speed, bucket seats, and console shifter for a 318 car.

Hey guys. Those images are Photoshopped to death….I will bet the car does not look that good in person. The missing shock is a red flag that the images are photoshopped. He added a lot of contrast to the car. I would not bid unless I saw it in person.

I never in a million years thought I would see a day when people think a "matching numbers" 318 car would be advertised as a selling point asking stupid prices. that's almost as bad as a "matching numbers" slant 6 .. really ? what am I missing here? I have pulled countless 318's out of cars in favor of big blocks. don't get me wrong, its a nice car and I have great respect for 318's but it was never meant to be a performance engine ... and ...there are STILL millions of them out there

I think it's a legit 318 RR (RM21G), the dash insert is the same as my base satellite- not woodgrain and raised.

The molding looks hand applied, but along the same lines as the factory molding on my car.

Again- WAY EXPENSIVE for what it is.

Same guy had a 68 Fury III vert that has sold twice for in the neighborhood of 16-18K.

He's been in business for a long time...

Hey guys. Those images are Photoshopped to death….I will bet the car does not look that good in person. The missing shock is a red flag that the images are photoshopped. He added a lot of contrast to the car. I would not bid unless I saw it in person.

Shock: Not Photoshopped, look closer, Shock is broken! If it was photoshopped it would be lined up with the mount.

What would be a reasonable top bid on this?

It depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a clean road runner with some odd options, then $10,000 or so would be okay. I'm thinking there's more to this car than what has been said. The car has Satellite external trim, and YY1 says it's got a Satellite dash insert, so I get kind a nervous when a supposed all original car has a lot of non-original parts.

If you're interested in a striped bird with a much better engine, I would definitely pass on this car as I've seen nice big block cars selling for the same price. Unless you want a pizzly 318-2 and a vinyl top, you better not buy this car because you'll be spending a lot more money to make it into something nice.

That car is ugly as hell.I will sell you this one for $22K

Attachments

• roadrunner%2520ebay%2520pics%2520%252845%2529[1].jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 216
paperwork does not mention the side moulding, the halo vinyl roof( usually on a ssp like the side trim) AC & vents??? my stocker has a metal tank no paint.
Either way I would never fork up that kind of dough.
Nicely done tho.

I think the tag code for my side molding is V6X.

Like I said, I think someone put that molding on there, but tried (somewhat poorly) to make it look factory.

Guy in Tampa had a 73/74 318 car in "root beer" like brown, also with tan interior.
No vinyl, but had stripes. was auto, though, but MUCH nicer looking package, and even looked to be in better shape for 14, make offer. Same guy has a 71/72 Sat with RR stripes on CL right now, in 74 jade green, but with G8 int (yuck).

- - - Updated - - -

That's a ford style a/c comp (often aftermarket- and controls are on pass side of dash)...and base Satellite dash insert with the vents.

Isn't V1Y the top, but isn't "Y" yellow/tan?

What's V88?

Auto Transport Service
Back