• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Rally dash wire schematic.

icecat66

Local time
9:11 AM
Reaction score
Need help with the 74 rally wire schematic.
39944.jpeg
39951.jpeg
39950.jpeg
39943.jpeg
39947.jpeg

Classic Industries sells the big color coded schematics for our cars.....best 18 bucks I have spent.....

Classic Industries sells the big color coded schematics for our cars.....best 18 bucks I have spent.....
when I bought the Bee thats 1 of the first things I did.

All the orange lites go into the "blue" on the back of the gauge pak. Other oranges go down into the heat/AC control. Then the actual gauge plug ins should have the color listed on the back by each spot/termination. My 73 did. The orange 3 wire is a test point to power up all the orange bulbs for testing.....same for yellow plug.....

Trust me, it is pretty much straight up. Cluster is casted with right color of wire/socket it should get. The only unlabeled are the ones to VL.

This is the VL configuration. The harness gets two black wires running to VL. One with wider terminal which plugs to the VL bracket ground provision. Is a ground reinforcement for the VL. The other one is the 12 volts input and plugs into the U shaped terminal of the VL

the ground provision terminal on bracket is wider to not plug the positive source into that and short out the wiring with key in RUN or ACC
20140117_155811.jpg

The other end of the U terminal gets the noise supression condenser

the female one gets a wire splitter to feed all the gauges on the unlabeled end/stud of the cluster housing.

rallyeharness.jpg

( on pic is represented a Tach kind cluster, but pretty much the same on your one, just diff gauges disposition )

For the rest of harness there is a very good thread around using a 71 RR and gets all the plugs labeled and pics. It wil work as a guide for the 80% of the 74 harness.

I REPEAT...IT DOESNT WORK FOR 72 and laters, meaning it doesn't match the actual wiring. Just partially

On this case is even worst, because that's standard cluster diagram and he would need Rallye cluster.

There is not a single wiring diagram on there from 72 and lates ( and not only Charger ) illustrating there the full wiring... i.e.: seatbelt safety warning system... amd several other stuff.

And on even more laters diagrams there are more mistakes.

If the harness was damaged and need to be fixed, a diagram could be needed, but if is just for assembly you won't need the diagram, really. You'll find the assembly pretty much straight up.

Last edited:
I REPEAT...IT DOESNT WORK FOR 72 and laters, meaning it doesn't match the actual wiring. Just partially

On this case is even worst, because that's standard cluster diagram and he would need Rallye cluster.

There is not a single wiring diagram on there from 72 and lates ( and not only Charger ) illustrating there the full wiring... i.e.: seatbelt safety warning system... amd several other stuff.

And on even more laters diagrams there are more mistakes.

If the harness was damaged and need to be fixed, a diagram could be needed, but if is just for assembly you won't need the diagram, really. You'll find the assembly pretty much straight up.
nothing is damaged as of now just need it for installation.

Don’t worry then. You’ll find the installation pretty much straight up. 85% of wires arrive to their destination. The rest catch some extra pigtail. When you get doubts just ask for the specific plug

74 FSM diagram is too technical and is not helpful. 73 is better for that but is not exactly the same than 74

Here I posted 73 diagram

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=23315.0

seatbelt relay system, lights warning buzzer system along with key in buzzer and seatbelt light and buzzer system are completely diff from that diagram. On 74 is controled by that blue plastic box you got. It also got some other plugs the diagram doesn’t show ( obviously )

Auto Transport Service
Back