• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 Charger manual transmission swap

John Molands

Local time
12:24 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone here know what manual transmissions that was available for this car?
Mine has a 3-speed automatic but I would love to have a manual transmission instead.
Since I am renovating the whole car I think I could do this swap at the same time to make it like I want it.

A833

Does anyone here know what manual transmissions that was available for this car?
Mine has a 3-speed automatic but I would love to have a manual transmission instead.
Since I am renovating the whole car I think I could do this swap at the same time to make it like I want it.

If it is a Sport or lower (AKA not the Cordoba body) then it could have a manual from the factory. SEs and Daytonas all had automatics standard and manuals not available. But the clutch set up from any 71 and up B-bodies will all work, with a few brackets for the Z-bar welded into place. A center console that'll accept a shifter through it is going to be all on you.

I have a full 4 speed conversion kit was for my 72 charger project that I decided to not finish the kit sells for $4600 right now
Mine is brand new I'm selling for $4000
My bell housing is for a small block but I could swap it out for a big block one .
I can get it all crated up and shipped . I've shipped over seas before (eng and trans to new Zealand)
And a few cars germany and australia.
Let me know if your interested again it's all new just been sitting here in my shop . I have receipt for the kit .
Pm
If your interested .

I put a 0verdrive 833 in my 78 magnum xe 400. And a 9.25 sure grip with 3:21 gears....not quite finished yet ..but lots of work!
20200918_154112.jpg

Nice conversion, you have a one of kind Charger. Small or large block? Need any parts?

Auto Transport Service
Back