• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 power brake booster

pedal2themetal

Local time
4:36 AM
Reaction score
HI,
Ocaionaly car runs real bad brakes sisss when pressing them, I check hoses and all is tight and not leaking .. so I think the leak is inside as I can hear it siss inside the car.
I am in need of a power brake booster for my 1975 Fury, I am having no luck ,
rock auto NO
Napa NO
auto zone No
2 installation shops NO one wanted $700. installed. another no can get..
Classic auto parts NO
does anyone know of where I can find one

Thanks good luck take care be safe
tim

HI,
I know it well be harder to push the brakes but can I unhook the vauum line to the booster and plug it off so motor runs

Thanks take care be safe
tim

Never mind I googled it and found out if I did it would just be like old school manuel brakes.. it runs so much better without that vacuum leak.. untill I can get a booster for it..

I still need to know if any one knows where I can find a booster

thanks take care be safe
tim

HI,
Yeah that's what I'm looking for.. but it say's OUT OF STOCK. I'll call them monday and see when he might get another one..
I found one place here a brake shop but they want $700. installed and even said its only about 1hr install time... GEEEZZZZ .. IN my looking I find NOT IN STOCK prices at $120 - $150 just booster and $250+ with master..
Should I take the $700 place or do more searching??

thanks take care be safe
tim

You could send your booster out for
rebuild. There are a few places that
can rebuild them.
I would not pay $700 for a booster.
That's nuts.

Yeah thanks..
I'm going to see if I can find someone local that rebuilds them before shipping it all the way across the U.S.

thanks take care be safe
tim

Talked to a Shop today that are Heavy into Mopar's. They suggested I drop the booster and go with a master out of a 2003 Cummings along with an adjustable rod and a 4 to 2 adapter and I'd have plenty of brake. With bigger cams there's problems with enough vacuum to operate them properly and this would emanate the problem., He said that's what he used on his road runner and has had no problems with brakes .. Saying that the Mopar is only like a 1" bore where the Cummings is a 2" bore. He went on to say I could go with like 1 1/4 " or 1 1/2 " bore and would be fine..

As it is now with out the booster I have to really stand on the brakes to stop. Now is that because of the small bore master or the spring in the booster with no vacuum?

thanks take care be safe
tim

You might need to give more information on your motor, cam and what vacuum pressure you have now.

A conversion you’re talking about is beyond my experience, sounds like a can of worms. There are vacuums pumps that can be installed if you lack pressure.

Earlier someone posted a booster that was listed for your vehicle. So it seems they are available. Of course maybe not in stock or actually available.

Rebuilding was suggested too and I’ll add Booster Dewey to that list.
Good luck with your project and Happy Cruising when all said and done.

HI,
Yeah I called Parts Geek and they said yes they stock my unit but are out and to check back on Wednesdays and Fridays on web site to see when they get them back in..
Yeah HayWirre I don't have a Vacuum problem 15#. these guys are heavy Mopar racers nothing but Mopars.. So they know what they are talking about and yes it does sound like a can of worms. but if you like the feel of manuel brakes they it can be done.. I want to keep the power brakes so I'm going to wait and keep looking.. car is my daily driver and don't really want to send it all the way across the country to get rebuilt or pay $700 to get it replaced by Meineke, Nothing locally to rebuild it..

Thanks take care be safe
tim

Talked to a Shop today that are Heavy into Mopar's. They suggested I drop the booster and go with a master out of a 2003 Cummings along with an adjustable rod and a 4 to 2 adapter and I'd have plenty of brake. With bigger cams there's problems with enough vacuum to operate them properly and this would emanate the problem., He said that's what he used on his road runner and has had no problems with brakes .. Saying that the Mopar is only like a 1" bore where the Cummings is a 2" bore. He went on to say I could go with like 1 1/4 " or 1 1/2 " bore and would be fine..

As it is now with out the booster I have to really stand on the brakes to stop. Now is that because of the small bore master or the spring in the booster with no vacuum?

thanks take care be safe
tim
It's more to do with the pedal linkage and ratio. Completely different than manual.

HI is the 75 Fury the same as the 75 Charger? On E bay it list 75 Charger/Cuda's but no Fury's..

Auto Transport Service
Back