1976 Charger in the scrap yard, SoCal

1975 - 1979 Mopars

1. WheelsOfTerror

WheelsOfTerror Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:22 PM
    Hey guys,

Looks like a local LKQ down here got a '76 Charger this last week- if you need something that isn't gigantic to ship- I may or may not be paying it a visit- IF I go I could maybe grab something for you if it's still on there.

if you're in southern CA you should go grab what you need off it! PM me if you don't know how to search and find it.

2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • F4R/T

F4R/T Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      11:22 PM
      I think it would be highly beneficial to get the right year of roof. No sense in killing yourself only to make it work.. I know guys in Mo. that have many of this year of cars I’m shocked to hear you can’t find one.. keep looking it will be worth it don’t settle ! Best of luck!

• Like Like x 1
      • WheelsOfTerror

WheelsOfTerror Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        My body guy just told me the same thing- I’ve found a couple in CA- one guy at a yard up north wanted $850 plus freight shipping (!) that’s just insanely steep.

• 69Coronetrt

69Coronetrt Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        Please get the fender tag, or at least a picture of it, and check the glove box for any factory documents like window stickers.

• F4R/T

F4R/T Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        Freight price are soaring too I was told that by the guys at ECS when I took an hour drive to pick up some goodies.. actually he quoted doubled! So you may go for a drive and get what you need, and save some coin!

• Kern Dog

Kern Dog FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
        If that is a floor shift car, get the steering column. They can be adapted to work in an older car. I have 2 tilt columns from Cordobas. I plan to swap them into my '70 Chargers eventually. Tilt wheel columns are great.
        Also grab the floor shifter and linkage bits. They too can be adapted to fit earlier cars.
        11 or 12" front disc brakes, 10" rear drums are good to grab. The rear drum stuff is fading away so grab it when you see it. They fit any 8 3/4" axle, Dana 60, 8 1/4"-9 1/4" axles too.

• Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • XCELLR8

XCELLR8 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          Looking over this car, it looks to have blue seats. The roof must be custom as there is no side "opera" windows and they gave it a full vinyl roof.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
          By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.