• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1978 cordoba t-top production

Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

I was curious as to how many 1978 Chrysler Cordobas were built with the
T-Top Option.

Thanks!!!!:eusa_think:

I've never seen any type of figures on that option. From what I've read, it was first offered on Cordoba in 1977 and is considered rare. I'm by no means an expert on that. However, I will say that in those days you could order various options ala carte as opposed to currently most cars come with standard packages and it's pretty much "take it or leave it". I have worked for car dealerships for the last 24 years. My 77 model has most of the options but no power windows! Who forgot that?

Also, back in the 70's there were sun roof and T Top installers all over the place. Many people would take their cars to have one or the other added, I did it myself a couple times (sun roof). I know dealerships would send cars out to have that done if you wanted that add on. Some places did good jobs, others not so good. I had a Pontiac Trans Am with factory T tops that leaked every time it rained and friends of mine complained of the same problem. Just a rough guess, I doubt more than 15 % of production came with T Tops from the factory maybe even less.

Here's a link that might help:

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z7535/Chrysler-Cordoba.aspx

My car came from the AACA Museum and from the records that were in it (including the window sticker) it was a one owner car. My guess is the owner donated it to the museum for a tax write off. The museum sold it on Ebay because they had a nicer example with T Tops.

i dont think there is an actual breakdown, but only VIN numbers gathered of existing cars that have been reported to be equipped

Auto Transport Service
Back