• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1979 300 vin

SS22L9 are the first 6 digits... SS Cordoba Special... 22 body type... L 360 hp engine... 9 model year

Other than obvious rust areas, check for soft spots around the rear subframe bushings and the rear wheelhouse-floor areas. Good luck, I had a 79 300 years ago, I loved that car !

The only way to be sure it's a true 1979-300 is to look at the fender tag. For an American market version there will be an A74 on it indicating the 300 option. Being the 300 could be purchased in Canada as an appearance package that may be different. Also in Canada the engine code could be different as you could get a 318 or a 360. The L code for the American version meant it had a 360/4bbl and duel exhaust.

Finding the broadcast sheet somewhere in the interior would be great too.

The only way to be sure it's a true 1979-300 is to look at the fender tag. For an American market version there will be an A74 on it indicating the 300 option. Being the 300 could be purchased in Canada as an appearance package that may be different. Also in Canada the engine code could be different as you could get a 318 or a 360. The L code for the American version meant it had a 360/4bbl and duel exhaust.
The A74 package was available to the Canadian market with a Power seat option as we didn't have the catalytic requirement as evidenced by my 79 300 A74 with Power seat and sunroof with the E58 engine and dual exhaust. The question is how many were produced for the Canadian market?

Auto Transport Service
Back