• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1979 Chrysler 300 Registry

Northeast300

Local time
4:24 PM
Reaction score
I am compiling list of VINs for our 1979 300s. I know there are some registries out there already but most don't seem to be updated or edited much in years. I pulled about 50 VINs off of one that was last edited in 2004 and will build off of that! Even if you know of one in a junk yard or sold yours and know where it is, let me know!

If everyone can send me the following information I will add you to my list! You can PM me or post it in this thread.
1. VIN
2. Name (optional)
3. City & State
4. Date of Manufacture
5. Options, T-Tops, Moon roof etc.

That doesn't help me with a 66-300.

I know of 2 in my area right now. I may have the vin of one I owned many years ago. Will try to get.

VIN and date of manufacture are in the image below.
Name: DeltaV (one owner car, me)
Savannah, Georgia
Options (maybe some of these were standard equipment on the SS22L9R cars):
air conditioning, auto speed control, digital clock, tinted glass (all windows), left and right outside remote mirrors, power door locks, power windows, AM/FM stereo radio, reclining seats, tilt steering wheel, and power trunk release.

Note: The dealer did not have the window sticker when I bought the car new.
:mad:

IMG_20161225_223719391_zpsdgoy8aun.jpg

Last edited:
VIN and date of manufacture are in the image below.
Name: DeltaV (one owner car, me)
Savannah, Georgia
Options (maybe some of these were standard equipment on the SS22L9R cars):
air conditioning, auto speed control, digital clock, tinted glass (all windows), left and right outside remote mirrors, power door locks, power windows, AM/FM stereo radio, reclining seats, tilt steering wheel, and power trunk release.

Note: The dealer did not have the window sticker when I bought the car new.
:mad:

View attachment 517818

WOW!!!! Original owner how awesome is that!!!!! Thanks, I will add you to my registry!

Here's what I have so far, some I found on a registry that was started about 10 years ago but seems to have been abandoned. I have since added about 15 more VINs to the list! It's my first "working draft" which I will make more presentable later on.

VIN1.jpg
VIN2.jpg
VIN23.jpg

Currently, there are eight (8) SS22L9R parts cars at www.amsnos.com in Fairmount, Georgia.

The full VIN is not displayed on their website.

I live more than five hours away from Fairmount. I have no plans to visit them, but maybe in the future.

Kern Dog reported that he saw THREE 1979 300s at Wildcat in Portland, Oregon

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/a-few-pictures-from-my-trip-to-oregon.138400/

They had THREE 1979 Chrysler 300 2 door coupes. Not an exciting car but still sort of rare. All had 360 $ barrel engines, were Spinnaker White with red and blue pinstripes. The ones there: 2 had factory sunroofs, the 3rd had T tops. I don't know if that was a factory option.
Also, what collection of pictures is complete without the picture of a tree growing through an engine bay...?

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/a-few-pictures-from-my-trip-to-oregon.138400/

They had THREE 1979 Chrysler 300 2 door coupes. Not an exciting car but still sort of rare. All had 360 $ barrel engines, were Spinnaker White with red and blue pinstripes. The ones there: 2 had factory sunroofs, the 3rd had T tops. I don't know if that was a factory option.
Also, what collection of pictures is complete without the picture of a tree growing through an engine bay...?

sunroofs and T-tops were options yes, however all of the 300s that left the factory were hard tops. Those that were designated to have a modified roof were sent to American Sunroof Corp. for the modifications.

So I checked out Wildcat's website, yes they have three 300s on their lot! Two of them are near consecutive numbers....SS22L9R175086 & 175089! I have now added 10 more VINs to my list!

Sorry to hijack, does anyone know if there is an existing registry for T-top cars (Cordoba,Magnum,etc.) only? Thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back