• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st timer decoding help!

1st Charger

Local time
11:46 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I purchased my 1st Charger this month and I have found the build/production/broadcast sheet inside. I need some help decoding the interior color, body paint color and vinyl top color. Both production/broadcast sheets are in semi-bad shape. I would love to restore this '73 Charger SE to her former glory. I do know she started with a 400 engine but currently has a 440.
I don't want to tape the sheets back together for fear they would lose their value. The broadcast sheet vin and car vin do match.

20230305_164305.jpg

20230305_164259.jpg

Can't help you on your need and welcome from the left coast.

Some basic info on your colors. Your car also has a white stripe that the car in this image does not.

**Edit: I'm not sure this is the correct upholstery/stitching/door panel style for your car... the "H" may actually be something else. I looked this up using the "H" I saw on the 2nd sheet before realizing that sheet wasn't for this car (see note below). Grain-of-salt until you can tell us what that 1st letter actually is? The -6L3 'Bucket/Metallic Parchment/Parchment' and 'Dark Bronze Metallic' seems good.**

Charger1.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to FBBO from snowy wet NorCal Sierras

www.myMoPar.com
in tools & reference sections &
www.AllPar.com

I think both have free decoders too

also I'd highly suggest
Get a year (& model specific) if possible
Factory Service Manual will too
eventually, you will want a good factory manual, it's money well spent

Welcome from New Zealand.

Can't wait to see some photos of that '73.

A free service manual for your car can be downloaded here

A note on the pics you posted - that 2nd broadcast doesn't go to your car...best as I can tell, it's for a Satellite Sebring that had a scheduled production date about a month? later than your Charger was scheduled? (I can't make out your date for sure, but I'm thinking it must be "C05" meaning December 5th 1972) Looks like the "Satellite" SPD would be January 3rd of 1973

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome from Alabama, my eyes aren't good enough to decipher your broadcast sheet, but it looks like you are getting the needed help.

Auto Transport Service
Back