• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 1/2 Minutes Of Fame

turbine68rt

Turbine Bronze Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:56 AM
Reaction score
So I get the latest issue of Mopar Action (Dec '22) and get to page 10, and the picture of the voltage regulator immediately caught my attention. Why? It was a picture I took of my car's regulator to show another FBBO member what it looked like at that time. I looked at every last detail and compared it to the picture I still had stored on my phone. It's without a doubt mine, but they flipped the image to have the wording appear right side up. I since found a nice used original housing that the black ears fully extend to the mounting screws, had stamps made, and used the correct yellow paint. The funny part is even though it's assumed it's electromechanical, it's actually a solid state chip version under the cover. Best of both worlds. Hmm, wonder if Rick E-Berg can throw a few bucks my way for royalties. I'd even settle for a subscription renewal.

You'll only get money if he gets the company to pay. When the MA shut down years ago and if contacted his website for tech advice he'd ask for a donation, divorces cost money. Ya I threw him a few bucks.

Just kidding about the royalty thing.

Best of both worlds. Hmm, wonder if Rick E-Berg can throw a few bucks my way for royalties.
Even if it can be proved it was your photo, they'll claim there was artistic enhancement done, rendering your original snap to be just a small part of the finished product.
I've had my GTX and the A100 photos used on published material without my permission, and the people responsible don't give a crap.

Well I think it's horseshit that these magazine guys use random pics off the internet for their articles, especially with all their 'connections'.. Buncha lazy bastards!

giphy-4231340216.gif

EBERG THE SUPER HERO!

Even if it can be proved it was your photo, they'll claim there was artistic enhancement done, rendering your original snap to be just a small part of the finished product.
I've had my GTX and the A100 photos used on published material without my permission, and the people responsible don't give a crap
I have to assume that anything I post is subject to copying. Meant for it to be a totally facetious remark. Is Rick an FBBO member?

yep was Googling and my car shows up. I was shocked.

yep was Googling and my car shows up. I was shocked.
That's easy to do.....

1666570589139.png

First picture is captioned with part of Justin's story here. :lol: Don't believe everything you read on the innerweb.

BTW ... I am not on Fartbook.

Auto Transport Service
Back