• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 1967 Mexican Spec Coronets - Very Special Cars

Mason66

Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
Hey all, I just ran across not one but 2 1967 Mexican Spec Coronets.

I haven't seen one for sale for a long time and in one day I see two.

Notice haw the green one has the Cornet R/T tail light panel and they both have the Charger grille.

Here they are.

01-lf.jpg
01-rr.jpg
02-left.jpg
04-int.jpg
05-eng.jpg

66coronet-EDOMEX-babyblueE-01.png
66coronet-EDOMEX-babyblueE-02.jpg
66coronet-EDOMEX-babyblueE-04.jpg
66coronet-EDOMEX-babyblueE-05.jpg
66coronet-EDOMEX-babyblueE-06.jpg

Kool! Is that the way they looked new? I remember a guy that put a hidden headlight grill in his ‘67 R/T back in ‘79.

I wonder why the Charger Grille. It has to cost 3 times as much as the Coronet Grille. I like it, but wonder why. Did they over estimate Charger sales and need to use up the extra Grilles?

I wonder why the Charger Grille. It has to cost 3 times as much as the Coronet Grille. I like it, but wonder why. Did they over estimate Charger sales and need to use up the extra Grilles?
No Chargers were sold in Mexico. I guess they wanted the Mexican car to look different from the US car just like the car companies did with many other models.

They apparently use AC Delco alternators south of the border.

Ah, remember the chain under the hood? I remember back in the 80's when battery theft was a thing.
On my 1974 Dart I moved the battery to the trunk and on my 1963 Savoy O pad locked it.

Nobody has ever opened my hood though to steal the battery.

People have asked my how my Dart ruins with no battery and i tell them MAGIC.

I would love to have one. I can hear people say my car is wrong at cruise night.
You would be answering questions all night.

It is not only the grille that needs replaced but the bumper as well to get rid of the turn signals there.

You then show them the KM on the speedometer and try to let them figure it out.

How many did they make? Do people do Charger Dash and taillight conversions? The 500 is a nice rear panel, so maybe not lights.

How many did they make? Do people do Charger Dash and taillight conversions? The 500 is a nice rear panel, so maybe not lights.
I don't know how many were made. Production numbers, or any information, is hard to find on Mexican cars.

These are factory cars, not conversions.

I meant, do Mexican hot dodders put Charger dashes in them.

Apart from the sheer over-abundance of Lime Green on the Coronet, I like the car! I've seen one Mexican Coronet in the US, and it was at a parts store in Dallas a bunch of years ago. Very nice light blue hardtop. All of the Mexican cars either had 225 or 318 engines in them. The guy who owned the car, bought the car brand new in Mexico City. You think a 140-mph speedo is cool, wait till you see a 200km/h speedo in a Coronet!

Auto Transport Service
Back