• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

casey henson

Local time
3:39 PM
Reaction score
Very happy... I was hoping I had this ratio. I know it not popular but I need this thing to roll out on the highway and do not plan on changing the 727.

AE1A2E77-2AF5-4957-BA2D-236D3DDD201C.jpeg

My god and I thought the cops hated me running 2.94's in the late 70's. Of course the days of cat and mouse are over now, they just shoot and ask questions later now!

My god and I thought the cops hated me running 2.94's in the late 70's. Of course the days of cat and mouse are over now, they just shoot and ask questions later now!
back when i was a kid I had a '70 challenger. I had 3 third members. 3.91-posi out of an aar that whined real bad because they were set up wrong. 3.32-posi and an open 2.94. I ran the 2.94's most of the time.

Back when I was in high school, my 1st car was a 77 Cordoba with 400-4 and 2.45 gears.

In Drive, I could get a FT downshift into 1st at around 25 or 30mph, and quickly get another 10 or 15mph before it would shift to 2nd (a little foggy on those exact numbers).
In Drive, it would consistently shift from 2-3 at 93 mph (I remember that clearly).
None of my high-school buddies would believe any of this, of course, because their Chevy drivetrains weren't able for some reason.
Their cars were just as fast (or slow, depending on one's perspective) -- just not able to do such shenanigans.

So we took a highway jaunt to prove my point on the 93 2-to-3, I showed them, they believed.

Manually shifting, 50 was my max in 1st and 100 in 2nd. I never tried for all of 3rd. 110-ish was the fastest I ever took it, 1 time only, because the amount of time to get there made it kinda scary. (the 50 and 100 I remember clearly also, for those speeds were 12:00 and the end of the speedo)

Over the years I've wondered if it even revved much past 4500, and what that car might've done with a better carb and cam, or a 440 TNT - with the 2.45!

I just took the 2:45 8 1/4 out of mine and put in a 8 3/4 3:55 sure grip, love the launch and throttle response, but i REALLY miss cruizing at 70 and getting 18 mpg !

I thought they were all defunded! Can they still afford bullets?

Back when I was in high school, my 1st car was a 77 Cordoba with 400-4 and 2.45 gears.

In Drive, I could get a FT downshift into 1st at around 25 or 30mph, and quickly get another 10 or 15mph before it would shift to 2nd (a little foggy on those exact numbers).
In Drive, it would consistently shift from 2-3 at 93 mph (I remember that clearly).
None of my high-school buddies would believe any of this, of course, because their Chevy drivetrains weren't able for some reason.
Their cars were just as fast (or slow, depending on one's perspective) -- just not able to do such shenanigans.

So we took a highway jaunt to prove my point on the 93 2-to-3, I showed them, they believed.

Manually shifting, 50 was my max in 1st and 100 in 2nd. I never tried for all of 3rd. 110-ish was the fastest I ever took it, 1 time only, because the amount of time to get there made it kinda scary. (the 50 and 100 I remember clearly also, for those speeds were 12:00 and the end of the speedo)

Over the years I've wondered if it even revved much past 4500, and what that car might've done with a better carb and cam, or a 440 TNT - with the 2.45!

Awesome !!:moparsmiley:

Yeah
I just took the 2:45 8 1/4 out of mine and put in a 8 3/4 3:55 sure grip, love the launch and throttle response, but i REALLY miss cruizing at 70 and getting 18 mpg !
Now that you mention it, mine would avg 18-19mpg too.

back when i was a kid I had a '70 challenger. I had 3 third members. 3.91-posi out of an aar that whined real bad because they were set up wrong. 3.32-posi and an open 2.94. I ran the 2.94's most of the time.
Posi SG.jpg

interstate hwy driving now is basically 80mph. thats 2500rpms with 2.45's and 27 tall tires

Back around the 90s I clocked at least 150k miles doing 80 down the interstate with 2.45 behind my 360. Ya got used to just rolling down the ramp and gradually moving left until ya were just rolling by.

I have 2.94's in the Charger, and it is a great cruiser. I drove a loaner Cordoba up north one weekend and I can confirm the 2-3 shift at 90 mph.:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back