• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$2,500 Big Block console 4spd B-body project, Solid roller!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my lame attempt at a social experiment, I'd thank you all for participating but........

Naw, your just trying to make people THINK that there is no difference from on B body big block 4 speed car to another by painting the ad in another way.

If that were true then 68-70 chargers would be worth the same money as 66-67s but we all know that is not the case.

As I have said before, I personally like the 66-67 Chargers but I also know how hard they are to sell.

They were the T-Bird of the Chrysler line. They were made to complete with them, Rivaras, Grand Prixs, and Tornados and Chevy had NOTHING in their line to compete with it until the Monte Carlo. They have a sexy 4 bucket seat interior, cool dash lighting system, hidden head lights and they can double as a camper and haul sheets of plywood.

I was mainly interested to see how drastically the count differed on how many people will view the ad with the new title. It doesn't get too much better then that title and I figured there would definitely be quite a few people that would check it out compared to a thread titled "`66 Charger project". Name me one other b-body that would get less attension on here that had the same data on fender tag, other then a `67 Charger.

A 66 coronet 500,B/Block,4spd. It's right there with the charger in popularity!

LOL!! Nice Matt! You'll have to publish a report with all your findings...Hopefully it ends with "Sold!!"

Yeah look for it in "The Journal of Psychiatric Medicine", it'll be the really short study!

Hmmmmmm, I smell gov't grant money :glasses2:

and its not just true for Mopars.

Little Tempest, Lemans interest compared to GTO,

but all the Chevelles and Cutlasses get attention because people more rapidly equate them to Chevelle SS and 442s. Buick somewhere in the middle. The GS vs. Special, etc.

And they are all GM A bodies.

I have noted the same thing with third gen Mopar B bodies,
chargers getting more attention, because they are all called chargers-
vs satelites,
which have a very different name than roadrunner.

But then the opposite with most interested in all Barracudas associated with Cudas, vs. all Challengers not instantly associated with R/Ts.

I am talking general people with some interest in cars like this,
not experts that have fender tag codes memorized or can quote the differences between an LS5 or LS6 SS454.

And how rarity is hit or miss.
Less 4 speed 71 Javelin SST 401s than AMXs, but the AMX will bring more money.
Or less Charger 69 500s than Superbirds but what do they sell for?

And how "better" is also not always more desireable on the market,
like a 71 Javelin SST 360 vs. a 74 AMX 304.

I saved a 71 Javelin SST 360 automatic that had sat for 20 years,
and a 74 RR 318 automatic that was going to get crushed or parted out.
Neither had the desirablity to draw much desire or the value to be able to be properly restored without going seriously in the hole.
One is road worthy now, the other a yard driver, and neither ever budgeted to be show cars. But when all is said and done some people spend more on bicylces than I did either car.

Sadly those first gen chargers, and plenty of other cars from that era fall into the not enough interest to save/restore, or restoration costs far more than car value after restored category. Heck, even if not actually restored the maintainence costs just to keep a driver going for many of these cars will exceed the value of the car.

More guys like us just need to win the lottery so we can buy, save, and restore them all.

Valiant effort my friend. To be honest with you I still can't figure out why these cars can't sell. I'm still trying to convince myself they are ugly...but it's not working. Same thing with C-bodie Chrysler's. I would MUCH rather have one then say...an Impala, they cost 1/8 of the price, and you can have one with a 440! I don't get it! I was temped to get rid of my Charger last fall, and have been looking at some later model B, and even some C, and E bodies... But there's too many qualities about this car I love, and I'm sure I'd miss it.

And the gauges are damn beautiful.

Here it is after a full day of working on it. Now has rear bumper, the ends of the tail light trim, 2 of the 3 lenses(not here yet), 4 spd console, panel in between and behind the rear seats, still working on getting the right seat tracks but seats are somewhat attached and I started putting some of the grille and headlights together. Going on Ebay tomorrow!
Yes even those sweet wheelcovers go with it!

Attachments

• IMG_6744.JPG
    IMG_6744.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,531
  • IMG_6746.JPG
    IMG_6746.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,522
  • IMG_6748.JPG
    IMG_6748.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,534
  • IMG_6747.JPG
    IMG_6747.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,532
  • IMG_6764.JPG
    IMG_6764.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,519
  • IMG_6761.JPG
    IMG_6761.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,505
  • IMG_6759.JPG
    IMG_6759.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,539
  • IMG_6758.JPG
    IMG_6758.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,500
  • IMG_6756.JPG
    IMG_6756.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,517
  • IMG_6765.JPG
    IMG_6765.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,524
Now on eBay! Will post a link in the morning, not sure how to do that from my I-pod.

Looking Good!

Looking really good Matt! Lotsa work in a short time. Should have you come over here to Michigan and help me reassemble my '67!

I still have some of the yet missing parts if you need to reassure a prospective buyer.

Randy C.

Looking really good Matt! Lotsa work in a short time. Should have you come over here to Michigan and help me reassemble my '67!

I still have some of the yet missing parts if you need to reassure a prospective buyer.

Randy C.

Thanks Randy and I am in Michigan!
Here is the tail light lens that was delivered today and is included with the car.
It did clean up well!

Attachments

• IMG_6772.JPG
    IMG_6772.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,354
  • IMG_6774.JPG
    IMG_6774.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,345
  • IMG_6778.JPG
    IMG_6778.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,347
Status