• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2.6" of rain in 55 minutes.....

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
With 50mph winds, everything under my carport is wet......but, the cover is still up lol The news is saying some areas close to me got 70mph but haven't heard anything for my area.

I've heard down in Texas thats a typical rain shower...

Not all that typical. 1" an hour is pretty common or even 1 1/2" but hitting 2" within an hour is getting pretty heavy. I'm close to the coast so the Houston area can get a good bit of rain especially during storms like Harvey and Allison. Ike was fairly dry for a hurricane.

yep just looked at a weather map & it had some nasty green & yellow ****
on Radar/Doppler, going thru the Houston area from the Gulf coast...

stay dry

That is some crazy weather. Along with Tennessee, I've considered Texas Hill Country as a retirement spot....Does it rain like that there too ???

Been that kind of year over this way, too. We're way over our average for the year.
Of course, I measure such things by how often I have to repair my roads out here.
Let's just say the box blade has been on the tractor as much as the finish mower so far...

Ha...You can KEEP the cold!

That is some crazy weather. Along with Tennessee, I've considered Texas Hill Country as a retirement spot....Does it rain like that there too ???

Texas Hill Country
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't follow celsius.

Last edited:
I'm the exact opposite....you can keep your heat! I'll take -30*C over +30*C any day! ;)
Ten minutes ago, 43.333° C here, on the back porch, in the shade. (That's 110 f for the rest of us).
And the dog will STILL chase a ball for ten minutes.

No rain.

Ten minutes ago, 43.333° C here, on the back porch, in the shade. (That's 110 f for the rest of us).
And the dog will STILL chase a ball for ten minutes.

No rain.

Good lord 43*C...WTF!!! I start dying at about 22*C (76*F)....and by 25*C I'm pretty much an angry and depressed individual and wishing winter was back.

Yeah but the garage has a/c, and house has had the a/c on for the last three weeks, and the electric bill was $47.

I get spell check on both.
See...I really DON'T follow it!

Get a new spell checker.:p

It is named after the Swedish astronomer Anders Celsius (1701–1744), who developed a similar temperature scale.

****...I thought that I had a bunch of useless information in my head! :nutkick:

Auto Transport Service
Back