2" Drop Spindles on a '69

Brakes, Steering & Suspension

1. Larrry B.

Larrry B. Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:28 AM
    Has anyone done this on a '69?
    Thoughts, opinions, hiccups?

Considering doing this to my RR. I spoke with PST and was told I can use the existing steering linkage so it would really just be the spindles and rotors. Unfortunately they have no ETA on when the parts will be back in stock, if at all, but I found three other vendors that says they have them currently available.

Not looking to debate T-bar settings vs spindles. I've done extensive suspension and steering upgrades already but would like to get the front lower.

Thanks in advance.

2. Larrry B.

Local Time:
    I think I'll be trying this out, will report back once complete.

3. Mattias

Mattias Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:28 PM
    What suppliers have you found for the spindles? Are the spindles different from different suppliers?

4. Kern Dog

Kern Dog FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    You want to be lower than this ?
    8100 I.jpg 8100 B.jpg

I don't have dropped spindles, just 1.15 torsion bars and trimmed lower bumpstops. The car rides firm but not harsh.

5. Larrry B.

Local Time:
    I contacted Performance Online and asked the same question I asked PST, and was basically told the same thing. I can use the existing steering linkage with only changing the spindles and rotors, possibly bearings as well.

https://www.performanceonline.com/1962-74-Mopar-A-B-and-E-Body-Drop-Spindles/

I've read / head on more than one occasion (on this forum and others), the spindles that Magnum Force has are the same as PST. Fat Man might be similar, might be a different story...

I know you've done a fair amount of steering & suspension upgrades on your car and it looks good. I never though about trimming the bump stops but I guess that would work...

I've also done a lot on my car, the only things left that I have not done yet (but have parts for) are US Car Tool torque boxes and XV Racing inner fender support. Probably sometime next year once I get some body work done.

efL8YZI.jpg

Without taking T-bar adjustment to an extreme I'd still like to get the font lower. I've been doing a lot of canyon / HWY driving so I'm willing to try it out. I may also try to get 17" wheels on so I can get a tire upgrade, not the 18's that I'll eventually want but it's a step up from 15" steel wheels and the BFG's I got on now.

It's a step by step process but everything has definitely helped the car perform much better.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020 at 6:59 PM
    • Like Like x 1
    1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.