• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 Mopars, or Not 2 Mopars

matthon

Local time
5:20 PM
Reaction score
Just looking for positives and negatives on owning multiple Mopars vs concentrating on one.

I don't see selling one as an option, yet, but there are definitely limitations, for me.

Positives; when they both work it's nice to have the option.
I don't care for car shows and trophies or shiny anymore.
Cruise-in and dirty works.
The kid loves them, and so do I.

Negatives; being broke basically, can only spend funds on one every so often, no way I can restore both.
I don't have the extra workspace anymore.
When they both are down it's the worst on many levels.
Also, a small part of me would like to make a Mopar nice, I did it with a few other cars but never a Mopar.
I always sold the shiny ones, once shiny.

Any input, advice, personal experiences are appreciated.

Once again, not looking to be convinced either way, just info on what people are doing and why.

Maybe I'm missing something I should consider?

Mopars cost money, how many do you want? I think you answered your own questions.. finances and work area are the denominators here.

Mopar's are just like pole barns: A man can't have too many!
IMG_0064.JPG
Mike

One is enough for me.
I have kids and other interests as well.
I’m never done with the “done” car I bought. Can’t imagine I’d have time for more than the one.

Another aspect, and this is a sticky one....
If something happens to me, I sure as hell don’t want my wife saddled with a bunch of unfinished car projects to deal with.

Get one and enjoy it. Even on this site we see far too many cars rotting. Get one, use and enjoy it. Hopefully whoever ends up with the others does the same thing.
I think a person needs to examine WHY they want more then one. Is it because they genuinely enjoy them, or so they can dangle them over everyone else and say look what I have that you don’t have.

Not sure I understand your question?? Only "two" Mopars??? What do you do with all your spare time??

I currently have 8 nice driver quality or better Mopars that tend to keep me busy every once in awhile. No "project" cars in my garage. No room for anything that won't move under its own power.

2.... LOL I have 5 classic Mopars and another 6 modern Mopars. I totally get the money thing but you just need to focus on one at a time; better to have them than not.

I'm kinda in the same boat. My solution is to have a couple for sale (under the radar) I only reply to guys looking for close to what I have. Keeps the BS and tire kickers down. I don't have to give them away, buy I can wait for a fair price to someone seriously looking.

I'm hoping I can find a younger kids for my 66 Charger project, like to see the younger generation get into it.

I think a person needs to examine WHY they want more then one. Is it because they genuinely enjoy them, or so they can dangle them over everyone else and say look what I have that you don’t have.

Nope, that's not it. I just like a lot of different types and years of Mopars to drive. I don't even go to many car shows at all or any organized events other than the Nationals. The wife and I just like to take a car out for a cruise on nice evenings and get some dinner or just drive around and enjoy the evening. :steering: So its because I "genuinely" enjoy them.

Quite frankly, I don't give a rat's azz what you have in your garage or whether you approve of what I have in mine. There isn't any "competition" here. :wtf: :screwy:

The same question could be asked of you, WHY do you ONLY want ONE???

Last edited:
I have as many as I do because I love them, 2 E bodies, a B body, an A body, and a 52 B3B pickup. The E bodies are basically done as is the 52, working on the B body now and will resto mod the A body when I get to it. As has been said, I don't give a crap what everyone/anyone else has, I have what I do because I grew up with them and have owned many, its been Mopar or No car for me since I was 14. I had plans to get a 70 Charger but the prices are crazy and I don't love them that much, so I will have to make due with what I have..

I have as many as I do because I love them, 2 E bodies, a B body, an A body, and a 52 B3B pickup. The E bodies are basically done as is the 52, working on the B body now and will resto mod the A body when I get to it. As has been said, I don't give a crap what everyone/anyone else has, I have what I do because I grew up with them and have owned many, its been Mopar or No car for me since I was 14. I had plans to get a 70 Charger but the prices are crazy and I don't love them that much, so I will have to make due with what I have..

You and I are a LOT alike. Both in current mopes and also sounds like how we were brought up. :thumbsup:

If I see a car that I want I buy it,lts like a drug addict looking for a fix,or an alcoholic jonesing for a drink. Do I need another project car, no,do I want one hell ya! I have more than I can ever build,and have been selling off the ones that I am least likely to get to,buf if a deal pops up today, I would hook up the trailer and roll! It is a sickness and I often wonder if I would be better off to have a few nice completed cars done to the nines,than a bunch of projects. Keep in mind that I started with one,then got a second one,and my wife questioned me why I needed a second one before the first one was even finished, and thirty years later there was 28 of them! That's how it starts, wanting a second one before the first one is completed! True confessions of a Mopar project car addict!

Last edited:
There is definitely a limit on how many one can handle. It really just boils down to what you want/can handle. The best way I and a friend came about this very situation, is what is the intended purpose of said vehicle: Weekend cruiser? Summer substitute daily driver? a tire burning? a vacation/touring vehicle?

Depending on what your intended uses for said vehicles would affect the amount you feel you need. A car that does really great roosting tires, may not be the best vehicle for multiple hour road trips with multiple people. A comfortable cruiser may not be the best option for an autocrosser.

hope this helps.

Mopars are never cheap. I am up to 6 cars and 1 truck. 5 of them are classics. Too much I know. Every single one of them were too good of deals to pass up over the years. My 70 Road Runner was free... Will I get to them all? Probably not. Hopefully, pass the Mopar torch down to the younger family generation someday as I basically already have done with two of them to my Sons.

After 10 - 15 years of this, my best advice is to stick with one vehicle. I have three now, the '72 BBody almost finished, the '65 Barracuda in the body shop, and the '65 Valiant convertible sitting outside as rusty as ever. It's just too much on a budget and having to do most of the work myself. I am thinking about just selling off the convertible ,which is a choice of pumping up my bank account with a few thousand or draining it out to the tune of $5,000 to $10,000 more (which I don't have). Only boy coming up in the family is not much help at just six months old.

IMG-20170924-WA0003.jpg DSC04445.jpg Signet convertible.jpg

Well, I have two. One is a daily driver and the other is for backup/weekend, therefore I need both of them.

I've been restoring my coronet 4 years this month. I bought a truck project this past summer. What i'm learning is its not only your progress and money that get split, but your available time & focus too. For me, it was a mistake.

I have 2, I'd drive both cross country without a doubt. With that being said, yes 1 would be easier.... however, I do enjoy the option to drive either one. Will I stop at 2 ? Hell no, the only thing holding mmr back is garage space, I have 3 car garage worth of stuff in a 2 car garage !
If it was a financial burden or juggling act I'd have zero. Gotta get the finances in check first, there will always be cars for sale when the money is there.

I would love to have another, but every time I think about spending 25k or better I think let’s save that and do something else to the one I have. Or I buy another motorcycle

Auto Transport Service
Back