• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 speed to 3 speed wiper motor swap

Bill Monk

Local time
7:25 PM
Reaction score
I've looked through the threads but still can't find an answer to my question so here goes:
Somebody swapped a 3 speed motor into the car before I got it but kept the 2 speed switch. The wipers are not working so I'm working on this blind. I picked up a 3 speed switch because I figure that needed changed either way and it has 2 additional spades than the 2 speed switch does. can anybody tell me what these 2 spades are? The spades I'm referring to is the one on the very bottom and the one on the far left. If I know what they are supposed to go to, I can run the additional wires, but I'd like to do it right the first time.

IMG_0146.JPG

I think this is what you need for the connections

IMG_0064.JPG

may i ask where do you find a three speed bushing at? i am doing the same thing.thanks

may i ask where do you find a three speed bushing at? i am doing the same thing.thanks
watch ebay and you might check with Passion performance but I've heard mixed reviews on her.

Last edited:
watch ebay and you might check with Passion performance but I've heard mixed reviews on her.
Lol..Mixed reviews, that's being way too kind....Beware of passion performance....

MJ I may have a spare 3 speed bushing just pm me if you still need it.

Lol..Mixed reviews, that's being way too kind....Beware of passion performance....

MJ I may have a spare 3 speed bushing just pm me if you still need it.
Yeah, I've never dealt with her but I'm hearing too much negative for at least some of it not to be true.

I've looked through the threads but still can't find an answer to my question so here goes:
Somebody swapped a 3 speed motor into the car before I got it but kept the 2 speed switch. The wipers are not working so I'm working on this blind. I picked up a 3 speed switch because I figure that needed changed either way and it has 2 additional spades than the 2 speed switch does. can anybody tell me what these 2 spades are? The spades I'm referring to is the one on the very bottom and the one on the far left. If I know what they are supposed to go to, I can run the additional wires, but I'd like to do it right the first time.

View attachment 411893
Do you have any 2-speed parts you want to get rid of? We are piecing a 2-speed system together and need a switch and motor arm and bushing. Do you know if the arm is the same for 2-speed and 3-speed and just the bushing is different?

Thanks,
Toby

Do you have any 2-speed parts you want to get rid of? We are piecing a 2-speed system together and need a switch and motor arm and bushing. Do you know if the arm is the same for 2-speed and 3-speed and just the bushing is different?

Thanks,
Toby
Arm and bushing are different.....I have an arm and bushing but I will be out of town for a week

Arm and bushing are different.....I have an arm and bushing but I will be out of town for a week
Like moparnation74 said, they are different. I don't have mine anymore, gave them to a friend of mine. This stuff is getting hard to find so if moparnation has them, I would get them while the getting is good.

If you use passion for Mopars you'll be in for a painful experience. Stay clear of her. There are other places members can refer you to to rebuild wiper motors.

Auto Transport Service
Back