• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2013 Dodge Dart

Propwash

Local time
6:10 PM
Reaction score
Been away from the site quite a bit lately, so I may have missed out on this being already posted about.....

2013 Dodge Dart?? Have I been living in a cave?

dartback2.jpg

Here's a couple links:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/06/2013-dodge-dart-aims-for-center-of-compact-sedan-segment/

http://www.dodge.com/en/dart/#

The all-new Dodge Dart will be made in America, at Chrysler Group's Belvidere Assembly Plant in Belvidere, Ill. The Company is in the process of investing $600 million dollars to support the production of future products, including the 2013 Dodge Dart. The investment includes the construction of a 638,000 square-foot body shop, as well as the installation of new machinery, tooling and material handling equipment. Work on the expansion began in the summer of 2010 and will be completed this year.

Today was the first I heard about it. Probably a good car for someone but I'll be keeping my old 69 GTS convertible.

Probably a good car for someone but I'll be keeping my old 69 GTS convertible.

I can obviously only see bits and pieces of the 13', but I agree you're way better off with your 69' Meep

Doesn't look from the pic's they retro'd off the old ones at all. Suprised they're marketing the name Dart, without putting some of the old Dart lifeblood back in the car. Whatever they have done, I sure hope they did it right..I have a lot of respect for the "DART", and would hate to see its legacy erased over a marketing scheme to sell a sub-par younger version

Turbo charged 4 cylinder...You got to be kiddin me...This is just a fancy way for Fiat to sell us crap...Fiat just needs to do what it does best...Sell economy cars...Don,t label it a cool respectable name...I,ll laugh when I see the first one...Just like I did for the camaro,and sorry guys the four door charger too...It,s just like the movies or tv...They can,t come up with something new so they pull a good name out of the hat and slaughter it...Next will be a four door,4 cylinder gTx...PUKE!!!!!!!!
Petty Blue 67 gTx

Thanks for posting this Prop, First ive heard about it. 4 door as well huh! Looking at it i don't know if a 2 door would make it better myself, But to each his own! No resemblance that i can see to any Dart (like mentioned), i wonder why the name.. That head light bulb, if thats what it is looks like an eye ball... :)

Wow. I mean, I drive a turbo 4 cylinder for my daily and all, but wow. Not even the SRT4 engine. With not too much work that engine could push a plastic neon into the 12's, but it doesn't even appear as that's going to be the case here. I wouldn't blame a real dart owner for being offended by this.

call me old school but i just dont see any beauty in these new cars. theres no style that were all used to. looks like it was thrown together out of old popcorn machines.

the challenger is another story. if youtre going to bring back an old classic name...THEN MAKE IT LOOK CLASSIC.....can i get an " amen" ?

This is another disgrace to a namesake.

Why does Chrysler keep doing this? If they want to build these FWD econoboxes, fine, but for the love of God call it something else and let the old namesakes rest.

The late model Charger is a disgrace in every way to the originals, as was the Charger of the '80s. The Daytona of the '80s was a disgrace (though a good little car, my family had a white '88 bought new). Putting the Daytona/Rumble Bee name on a truck or whatever they did a few years ago was a travesty too. The Dart looks like a joke.

The only one they got right was the Challenger, even if weighs in at 4300 lbs. At least they nailed the styling. Guess that guy didn't get the bid for the Dart...they probably gave it to the assclown who designed the Charger.

Here is the best pic I could find. I don't care for it at all.

Attachments

• 2013 dodge dart.jpg
    2013 dodge dart.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 484
I just copied & pasted this response I made on another web site on this very subject.

Yes they abused the name of the Charger (an original 2 door only model) with the new 4 door, but I don't see a problem with the Dart. The Dart was ALWAYS offered in a 4 door model.

Regarding the comment of the Charger doesn't look like the old one, which one? The made different body styles from 1966 through the 80s. Why do you think that they should look like anything other than what they plan? Auto manufacters have been using the same name for cars for 40+ years or maybe much longer and from time to time resurrecting names that were long ago recognized. There is no rule regarding what should and should not be done.

If you have a club that is dedicated to the Chargers of the muscle car years and you want to bash on the new Charger capitolizing on the name with a 4 door model that was never before built I can see that. However I can't see it with this new Dart.

I just copied & pasted this response I made on another web site on this very subject.

Yes they abused the name of the Charger (an original 2 door only model) with the new 4 door, but I don't see a problem with the Dart. The Dart was ALWAYS offered in a 4 door model.

Regarding the comment of the Charger doesn't look like the old one, which one? The made different body styles from 1966 through the 80s. Why do you think that they should look like anything other than what they plan? Auto manufacters have been using the same name for cars for 40+ years or maybe much longer and from time to time resurrecting names that were long ago recognized. There is no rule regarding what should and should not be done.

If you have a club that is dedicated to the Chargers of the muscle car years and you want to bash on the new Charger capitolizing on the name with a 4 door model that was never before built I can see that. However I can't see it with this new Dart.

BUT, the Dart WAS always available with a V-8, and nobody likes the 4 door darts anyway. I'm still pissed.

I can't believe that people are so bothered by this. I've been buying Chrysler products for years and hope they stick around so I can continue to do so in the future. If this car sells well then I couldn't care less what they call it.

I can't believe that people are so bothered by this. I've been buying Chrysler products for years and hope they stick around so I can continue to do so in the future. If this car sells well then I couldn't care less what they call it.

Well then why not modernize the old dart body style ...like the charger/challenger was- but noo instead they made a new neon body and slap a good name on it.That car wont sell well guarenteed... im disapointed

dd2.jpg
69_dart.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmm......Well......I see a green Dodge Dart and a Neon II in Lingerie..

It's in their rights, but shame on Chrysler/Fiat for using that name to help sell cars. It's obviously nothing like its ancestors.

I'm not interested in getting in a pushing match over it...Just my opinion.

This car is 100% ugly, soul less and a disgrace to everything mopar just like all the new chargers. Its a mitsubishi lancer evolution x for gods sakes. chrysler really needs to be more creative and stop stealing names from real cars and sticking them on 4 door plastic bumpered grocery getters.

Auto Transport Service
Back