• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 9th Annual FABO NASCAR "Pick 'Em" Game - Here We Go Racing Again!!!

ocdart

Local time
12:22 PM
Reaction score
Ok guys and gals, time to get going with our 2018 NASCAR "Pick 'Em" game.......

Oh yeah, we're starting on Sunday, February 11th, with a pre-season bonus event just like in past years. So get your picks posted for the Advance Auto Parts Clash at Daytona. See the post about the race.

As far as the regular season, we're going with the same rules as the past and they again will stay the same all year including bonus points.

1- Pick 2 Drivers each race!{place divided by 2}
ex. 3rd and 9th place =12/2=6----your score for race

2- Bonus pick winning driver.{-5}
ex. your score {6} -5 = 1 score with bonus

3- Bonus pick 2nd place driver.{-3}
ex. your score {6} -3 = 3 score with bonus

4- Picks must be in by drop of green flag.
ex. the sticks with green material waving in air, if no pick avg is 43

5- No picks for 3 straight races and will be sent to pits for the remainder of the season.
ex. out of competition - lost your team sponsor

6- You may make your picks permanent for the entire season so you don't run the risk of getting the dreaded last place-point race result by forgetting to post your weekly picks. Just let me know in your initial pick post that you want your picks to be permanent for the year. Of course, you can always make a change to your permanent picks if one, or both, of your drivers gets sick, injured or loses his ride.

Let me know who is in so I can get your names on my Excel spreadsheet. It's gonna be another great year!!!

Please make your picks by driver name or car number and driver name. Driver name will always take precedence over car number.
If you make your pick by car number only you're going to be locked in to that car number no matter who the driver is; and if you pick a car number not in that weeks race, you'll end up with 'last place' points as your score for that car.
..............If you have any questions just ask............

Here's the 2018 Monster Energy Cup schedule:

02/11 Daytona, Pole Qualifying
02/11 Daytona, Advance Auto Parts Clash at Daytona
02/15 Daytona, Duels
02/18 Daytona 500
02/25 Atlanta Motor Speedway
03/04 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
03/11 ISM Raceway (Phoenix)
03/18 Auto Club Speedway (Fontana)
03/25 Martinsville Speedway
04/08 Texas Motor Speedway
04/15 Bristol Motor Speedway
04/21 Richmond International Raceway
04/29 Talladega Superspeedway
05/06 Dover International Speedway
05/12 Kansas Speedway
05/19 Showdown (Charlotte Motor Speedway)
05/19 All-Star Race (Charlotte Motor Speedway)
06/03 Pocono Raceway
06/10 Michigan International Speedway
06/24 Sonoma Raceway
07/01 Chicagoland Speedway
07/07 Daytona International Speedway
07/14 Kentucky Speedway
07/22 New Hampshire Motor Speedway
07/29 Pocono Raceway
08/05 Watkins Glen International
08/12 Michigan International Speedway
08/18 Bristol Motor Speedway
09/02 Darlington Raceway
09/09 Indianapolis Motor Speedway
09/16 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
09/22 Richmond International Raceway
09/30 Charlotte Motor Speedway (Road Course)
10/07 Dover International Speedway
10/14 Talladega Superspeedway
10/21 Kansas Speedway
10/28 Martinsville Speedway
11/04 Texas Motor Speedway
11/11 ISM Raceway (Phoenix)
11/18 Homestead-Miami Speedway

Last edited:
Here we go for 2018!

The Daytona 500 is Feb. 18th, but we're going to get started earlier with the Advance Auto Parts Clash at Daytona on Saturday, Feb. 11th.
Each player participating in The Clash will get a -2 point bonus. Also, pick 3 drivers and tell me the order they will finish in the Clash. Pick the trifecta correctly and you'll get an additional -5 bonus. It doesn't matter if they finish 1st-2nd-3rd, or 5th-8th-last, just as long as you pick the correct order of finish for your 3 drivers.
The Advance Auto Parts Clash at Daytona
is scheduled for 3:00PM EST (Noon PST) on February 11th so your picks need to be posted to this thread before that.

The only drivers eligible to compete are:

2017 Pole Winners: Ryan Blaney, Kurt Busch, Kyle Busch, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Chase Elliott, Denny Hamlin, Kevin Harvick, Eric Jones, Matt Kenseth, Brad Keselowski, Kyle Larson, Joey Logano, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and Martin Truex Jr.
Former Daytona 500 Pole Winners: Austin Dillon, Jimmy Johnson, and Danica Patrick
2017 Playoff Drivers: Kasey Kahne, Jamie McMurray and Ryan Newman

Check to make sure your 3 driver picks are eligible and planning to race in The Clash at Daytona. All 3 of your driver picks must start the race in order for you to be eligible for the additional -5 bonus.
Make sure to get your 3 driver picks (in your projected finishing order) before 3:00PM EST (Noon PST) on February 11th

Good luck all!!!

Check the 2018 event schedule!
Daytona 500 qualifying is scheduled for 3 hours BEFORE the Advance Auto Parts Clash - both events are scheduled for Sunday, February 11.
Don't forget to get your Daytona 500 Pole pick posted before 12:15pm on Sunday, February 11.

I'm In too...

Clash Picks
Kevin Harvick, Kyle Busch, Martin Truex jr.

good luck everyone

Early Daytona 500 picks
My dad's B-Day is Mon. I think we will be away, Sunday & mon.
I won't be around to watch probably, so just in case

so lets "lock in"
Kevin Harvick & Kyle Busch race picks
for now
Truex Jr. for the pole

good luck everyone

Last edited:
COUNT me in.clash pikeee Martin truex Dennie hamlin,Joey longo.500 the same.

Hey ddpsnake, how about a Daytona 500 Pole pick? Don't miss out on some more possible bonus points!

OK, here are the current scores following the 'Clash' and Daytona qualifying:

-7.0 - 71dartswinger (FABO)
-7.0 - 73ABodEE (FABO)
-7.0 - kazooom (FABO)
-7.0 - memike (FABO)
-7.0 - ocdart (FABO)
-3.0 - DFootCuda (FABO)
-2.0 - Back in Time (FABO)
-2.0 - Budnicks (FBBO)
-2.0 - cuda20 (FABO)
-2.0 - ddpsnake (FBBO)
-2.0 - fishmens67 (FABO)
0.0 - alsant (FBBO)

Next event is the Daytona 500 on Sunday. Get your picks posted if you haven't already.

Man I didn't see any of it either...

Dads birthday today been busy all weekend with relatives
& everyone's dogs...

Thanks ocdart

ddpsnake -
The 'Clash' needed 3 picks. The 500 only needs 2.
I recorded your Daytona 500 race picks as Martin Truex and Dennie Hamlin. Let me know if those are incorrect.
Thanks.

Ocdart did I not get my pics in on time?

alsant, post #10 in this thread lists 2 drivers and a Pole pick. I took those to be your Daytona 500 picks.
The 'Clash' needed 3 drivers. Post #10 made no mention of the 'Clash'.
Let me know if those were your 3 driver picks for the 'Clash' and I'll credit you for participation (-2 bonus points). The 3 drivers listed are not in the order they finished the 'Clash'.

I messed up I meant the two drivers for my safety pics threw the year and the last one was for pole for clash. I will be ok if you want to leave my score as is. Thank you

I messed up I meant the two drivers for my safety pics threw the year and the last one was for pole for clash. I will be ok if you want to leave my score as is. Thank you

Didn't do a 'Pole pick' for the Clash.
I've recorded the two drivers in Post #10 as your "locked-in" picks. Any driver changes you make will be for only that single race and will then revert back to your "locked" picks.
Don't forget to post a 'Pole' pick for the Daytona 500.

(02/16/18) Well, that was pretty stupid of me to remind you to post a 'Pole' pick for the Daytona 500 when the 'Pole' was already won last weekend!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back