• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 11th Annual FABO NASCAR "Pick 'Em" Game - One More Time Around The Tracks!

ocdart

Local time
3:49 PM
Reaction score
A little late to the party this year, but time to get going with our 2020 NASCAR "Pick 'Em" game.......

Oh yeah, we're starting on Sunday, February 9th, with both Daytona 500 qualifying a pre-season bonus event just like in past years. So get your picks posted for the Busch Clash at Daytona. See the post about the race.

As far as the regular season, we're going with the same rules as the past and they again will stay the same all year including bonus points.

1- Pick 2 Drivers each race!{place divided by 2}
ex. 3rd and 9th place =12/2=6----your score for race

2- Bonus pick winning driver.{-5}
ex. your score {6} -5 = 1 score with bonus

3- Bonus pick 2nd place driver.{-3}
ex. your score {6} -3 = 3 score with bonus

4- Picks must be in by drop of green flag.
ex. the sticks with green material waving in air, if no pick avg is 43

5- No picks for 3 straight races and you will be sent to pits for the remainder of the season.
ex. out of competition - lost your team sponsor

6- You may make your picks permanent for the entire season so you don't run the risk of getting the dreaded last place-point race result by forgetting to post your weekly picks. Just let me know in your initial pick post that you want your picks to be permanent for the year. Of course, you can always make a change to your permanent picks if one, or both, of your drivers gets sick, injured or loses his ride.

Let me know who is in so I can get your names on my Excel spreadsheet. It's gonna be another great year!!!

Please make your picks by driver name or car number and driver name. Driver name will always take precedence over car number.
If you make your pick by car number only you're going to be locked in to that car number no matter who the driver is; and if you pick a car number not in that weeks race, you'll end up with 'last place' points as your score for that car.
..............If you have any questions just ask............

Here's the 2020 NASCAR Cup Series schedule:

02/09 Daytona, Pole Qualifying
02/09 Daytona, Busch Clash at Daytona
02/13 Daytona, Bluegreen Vacation Duels
02/16 Daytona 500
02/23 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
03/01 Auto Club Speedway (Fontana)
03/08 Phoenix Raceway
03/15 Atlanta Motor Speedway
03/22 Homestead-Miami Speedway
03/29 Texas Motor Speedway
04/05 Bristol Motor Speedway
04/19 Richmond International Raceway
04/26 Talladega Superspeedway
05/03 Dover International Speedway
05/09 Martinsville Raceway
05/16 NASCAR All-Star Open (Charlotte Motor Speedway)
05/16 NASCAR All-Star Race (Charlotte Motor Speedway)
05/24 Charlotte Motor Speedway
05/31 Kansas Speedway

06/07 Michigan International Speedway
06/14 Sonoma Raceway
06/21 Chicagoland Speedway
06/27 Pocono Raceway
06/28 Pocono Raceway
07/05 Indianapolis Motor Speedway

07/11 Kentucky Speedway
07/19 New Hampshire Motor Speedway
08/09 Michigan International Speedway
08/16 Watkins Glen International
08/23 Dover International Speedway
08/29 Daytona International Speedway
09/06 Darlington Raceway
09/12 Richmond International Raceway
09/19 Bristol Motor Speedway
09/27 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
10/04 Talladega Superspeedway
10/11 Charlotte Motor Speedway Road Course
10/18 Kansas Speedway
10/25 Texas Motor Speedway
11/01 Martinsville Speedway

11/08 Phoenix Raceway

Here we go for 2020!

The Daytona 500 is Feb. 16th, but we're going to get started earlier with the Busch Clash at Daytona on Sunday, Feb. 9th.
Each player participating in the Clash will get a -2 point bonus. Also, pick 3 drivers and tell me the order they will finish in the Clash. Pick the trifecta correctly and you'll get an additional -5 bonus. It doesn't matter if they finish 1st-2nd-3rd, or 5th-8th-last, just as long as you pick the correct order of finish for your 3 drivers.
The Busch Clash at Daytona is scheduled for 3:00PM EST (Noon PST) on February 9th so your picks need to be posted to this thread before that.

The only drivers eligible to compete are:
2019 Busch Pole Winners
Former Daytona 500 Winners who competed full-time in the 2019 season
Former Daytona 500 Busch Pole Award Winners who competed full-time in the 2019 season
2019 Playoff Drivers

The drivers in the 2020 Busch Clash are: Aric Almirola, Ryan Blaney, Alex Bowman, Clint Bowyer, Kurt Busch, Kyle Busch, William Byron, Austin Dillon, Chase Elliott, Denny Hamlin, Kevin Harvick, Jimmie Johnson, Erik Jones, Brad Keselowki, Kyle Larson, Joey Logano, Ryan Newman and Martin Truex Jr.
Daniel Suarez and Daniel Hemric are also eligible but will not be competing. Suarez team announced it will not run the Clash and Hemric is driving in the Xfinity this season.

Check to make sure your 3 driver picks are eligible and planning to race in the Clash at Daytona. All 3 of your driver picks must start the race in order for you to be eligible for the additional -5 bonus.

Make sure to get your 3 driver picks (in your projected finishing order) before 3:00PM EST (Noon PST) on February 9th

Good luck all!!!

Qualifying for the 2020 Daytona 500 is Sunday (tomorrow) at 12:30pm EST (9:30am PST).
Post your qualifying pick before then to be eligible for the bonus point.

Is this the right thread? martin truexjr and chase Elliot

And then Anti-Climax

Rain

Or was it Kyle Busch

LOL

Keep talking while the sun is out and the track looks dry

Yikes

Because there is no way this race finishes today looking at the radar coming

Is this the right thread? martin truexjr and chase Elliot

Well alright! Finally some FBBO representation. I have your race picks recorded.
The remainder of the 2020 Daytona 500 was just delayed until tomorrow (Monday) at 4pm EST (1pm PST).

Well alright! Finally some FBBO representation. I have your race picks recorded.
The remainder of the 2020 Daytona 500 was just delayed until tomorrow (Monday) at 4pm EST (1pm PST).
Cool. Thought I was in the wrong place. You can lock those picks. Set Joey legano for next weeks pole, please and lock that for now.

The race is supposed to be on Fox Today about 1pm or so??

Did a search and found the stating time. Did at least put the TV on the channel and was able to back up the DVR after getting back home just a bit ago.

God Bless You Ryan Newman

Prayers Prayers Prayers

A stretcher is next to Newman’s car. Crews are using black screens to keep fans from seeing. And media has just been told to leave the pits. #DAYTONA500

Yeah, a scary scene there. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

that was a crazy wreck, for Newman, I saw it on the news

I didn't see the race
I saw the orig. attempt to start it, that was MAGA great
but didn't see the Monday race

I'll post results tonight after work. Sorry I didn't get them posted yesterday.
Ryan Newman's horrific crash at the end of the race and the lack of information about his condition from the broadcast team brought back memories of when we lost Dale Earnhardt at Daytona.
Relieved to finally learn that he survived and the doctors are currently saying his injuries are not life-threatening. The latest news I found was that he's awake and talking with his doctors and family.

Congratulations to 'moparfan68' for being the only player to pick the 2020 Daytona 500 race winner, #11 Denny Hamlin, and grabbing -5 bonus points.
Nobody picked the race runner-up, #12 Ryan Blaney, so no runner-up bonus points this week.

#9 Chase Elliott was the race leader at the end of Stage 1, #88 Alex Bowman was in 2nd.
#11 Denny Hamlin was the race leader at the end of Stage 2, #18 Kyle Busch was in 2nd.

Here are the game standings following the 2020 Daytona 500:
fishmens67 (FABO) -2.0 (no Pole pick) 4 9 (S1-2) 5 17 7.0
moparfan68 (FABO) 0.0 (no Pole pick) 11 1 (S2-2) 1 33 -5 10.0
71dartswinger (FABO) -2.0 P88 4 22 5 26 13.5
ocdart (FABO) -2.0 P9 4 18 (S2-1) 5 34 16.5

44070dart (FABO) 0.0 (no Pole pick) 9 22 (S1-2) 17 26 19.5
riverdawg (FBBO) 0.0 (no Pole pick) L19 L9 (S1-2) 32 17 22.5
Avispa (FABO) -7.0 P9 22 2 26 37 24.5
Snake (FABO) -2.0 (no Pole pick) 18 22 (S2-1) 34 26 27.0

Yunick 13 (FABO) -2.0 LP9 48 22 36 26 29.0
Back in Time (FABO) -2.0 P11 19 18 (S2-1) 33 34 30.5

memike (FABO) 0.0 (no Pole pick) 2 22 37 26 31.5
cuda20 (FABO) -2.0 P12 2 24 37 40 36.5

Please post your picks and let me know if you want to "lock" them in for future weeks. I will put an "L" before either your Pole pick or your race picks to show they've been "locked".
As always, you can always make different picks each week. Your "locked" picks will always be there should you forget to post your race picks, your computer malfunctions or the site should go down temporarily.

Don't forget to get your picks for the Pennzoil 400 from Las Vegas Motor Speedway posted before the green flag drops at approximately 3:45 PM EST (12:45 PM PST) on Sunday, February 23rd

No qualifying bonus points for anybody this week...qualify was cancelled due to weather

Auto Transport Service
Back