• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 MATS Las Vegas

Hope they get back to the all day schedule and not what they had this last time not opening to spectators until late afternoon!!

Hope they get back to the all day schedule and not what they had this last time not opening to spectators until late afternoon!!

Well Vegas in late summer wasn't a great time for a car show but it was all they could get.... Having in back in the spring I'm sure the hours will be back to normal....

A full month apart from Spring Fling. Used to tie the events together, a great 2 week Western road trip.

I had to cancel on the 20 one, like many others. Will watch for updates to see if LV allows it to happen or squashes it. I needs my Mopah show/race/autocross/swap fix/free airshow fix!

Get my registration handled courtesy of Mr. Painter. When I called to ask about using the 2020 registration towards this years show, he is the one who answered the phone and made it happen. Awesome dude there. He told me that if the attendance is sparse this year, it will be the last one he does. Lets support this guy and if you are waffling about going, please go.

March18-20-2022. No mention of the (former) entertainment at Cannery. Those were the days. Per Linda it’ll have to be the Hellcat IF we go.

Cannery was fun, I heard they are under different ownership & the new management doesn't want to support the track...

He told me that if the attendance is sparse this year, it will be the last one he does. Lets support this guy and if you are waffling about going, please go.
Well, if he wants attendance UP, then he needs to make sure theirs more than 1 ticket person ! i was there last year standing in line for several hours Just to get in on a spectator Only ticket, there was only 1 line and 1 person trying to do it all. And they were 2+ hours late ! even though there were multiple people in the booth.

while standing in line i watched carload after carload of spectators look at the line, and conversing with some people in it telling them how long they have been standing there and drive away..if NHRA and Nascar can run races in some heat, so could That show....

staff it better and run it during the DAY and they shouldn't have a problem with attendance, 1 Line for spectators and 1 line for car participants,,its Not rocket science..i have been going to it for the last 20 years..its a Mangement problem,,,,but easy to fix. my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Chris Birdsong has a video out on the classic car autocross. Watch the video for information. Jalopy class autocross. Looks like it could be fun for those that enter it. Cash and prizes will be given out.

I'll be in Texas, working...
Well That's Great !
Now We Know Who's Buying.................
Be Safe & Keep On Keeping On...........
MAYBE ..................Some Us Who Attend Can Upload Some Pics Of The Event Next Week........

I'm getting there Thursday. Have to be at the track by 6pm to get my replacements creds for the 2020 show. Just spectating. I will meet up with GTXJohn since I have a cart for him. Meet up with a couple of others while there plus my friend Walter. Always down for meeting fellow Mopar owners.

Last edited:
I'm getting there Thursday. Have to be at the track by 6pm to get my replacements creds for the 2020 show. Just spectating. I will meet up with GTXJohn since I have a cart for him. Meet up with a couple of others while there plus my friend Walter. Always down for meeting fellow Mopar owners.
COOL!
I will be setting up in the swap meet section . Got Got Some A Body Glass Hoods ,Barracuda & Dart , First Gen HEMI 331 , Factory Dual Quads...............etc
Lookin Forward To Some Bench Racin For Sure!
John

Auto Transport Service
Back