• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 Mopar Nationals, Columbus, Oh. 8/12-14

dburnett6263

Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
Thinking of entering the RR in the judged classes this year. I haven't attended for a while do to events of life and covid. But I'm not getting any younger and I've never had the car there, this is a bucket list thing while I'm still able. Probably don't have a chance playing with the big boys but again, a bucket list thing. I would most likely be in the modified class as it's a conservative pro touring / restomod flare. Anyway. looking for experiences, close by lodging, etc. Is golf cart rental worth it? Any tips, advice, comments welcomed.
Thanks. Dale

i go every year never had a car judged but i take the car more fun if you have your car yes to the golf cart lots of walking also we have our rooms already

We used to go every year, starting in 1985 (Ann Arbor, MI.), until show went to Indy in 1993. Then we discovered Chryslers @ Carlisle. It was twice as far to drive there from Ontario, but well worth it due to better organized, more professional. My yellow 1967 R/T got 2nd place trophy on Fun Field twice. We drove our "one-of-none" 1967 R/T 3-seat wagon there one year and got noticed and featured in Mopar Collector's Guide. We displayed and sold our 1964 Polara 500 convertible there a few years ago. Not to mention all the parts we have bought there over the years for projects. Have met and talked to many great people and vendors there as well. I think over that time, we went back to the Nats at Columbus once. There was no comparison.

Looks like the moparnats site has been hacked again. Hope they get that fixed soon. Just spoke with National Kart Rental, they have the Nats info but reservations are not open yet, as of today (5/13). I'm beginning to struggle a little with, should I enter the judged class or just go enjoy the fun field. I would like to see how the RR fares with other modified cars but want to have some fun as well. Again any input here is welcome. Thanks Dale

Auto Transport Service
Back