• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 Pricing Update from Universal Vintage Tire

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:17 AM
Reaction score
It's not just Coker.............

url=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.constantcontact.com%2Ffe0fc497001%2F20c635ce-d18e-4012-ae4a-6d5d8040a3df.jpg

Dear valued customer,

On behalf of the team at Universal Vintage Tire, we would like to reach out directly to inform you about an upcoming price increase. We appreciate your continued support and would love the opportunity to continue providing you with the best tires and service in the industry.

Tire and wheel production costs have risen drastically in the past year. Raw material pricing, shipping costs, and labor rates are all increasing at an alarming rate. These factors directly impact the manufacturing process required to produce specialty tires and wheels for the collector car market. Many of our suppliers have increased pricing, beyond what we can absorb internally. Due to these circumstances, our products will see between 5% and 25% increases.

These new prices will be effective February 21, 2022. Any backorders not shipped on or before March 25, 2022 will be adjusted to the new pricing. If you have a backorder that is not fulfilled by March 25, 2022, one of our sales representatives will reach out to you directly.

We appreciate your loyalty, and we look forward to providing great tires and service for your next project.

Sincerely,

Universal Vintage Tire

Did you post something about Coker and then delete it?? Or mods remove it? Driving me nuts to, like I swore i saw, then poof! The news yesterday was saying something about wholesale price rising 10% but consumer inflation was 1% since December.... pretty sure we are in for some whiplash price increases on everything?? Don't turn political, please.

Dear valued customer, We're going to start screwing you because we can and I'm sure you don't mind. What you need to do is work harder and stop taking a break so we can see our profits go up while you work yourself to death. Please purchase all you can before you go down for the count! We appreciate your loyalty, and we look forward to providing great tires and service for your next project at a price that will be hard to believe or pay!!

I just paid $1100.00 Can. for 2 Diamondback Redlines delivered to Ontario. This includes shipping, taxes and brokerage fees. And conversion from U.S. to Can. $.

It's not just them, as everyone knows surely by now.
EVERYTHING is going up, some of it exponentially....
We've got to buy tires for the wifes' 2012 Charger R/T and holy cow....sticker shock.
Read an article the other day that estimates the average family pays $250 more per month
just at the grocery store.
Gas has about doubled in places....on and on.

Elections have consequences.

I just paid $1100.00 Can. for 2 Diamondback Redlines delivered to Ontario. This includes shipping, taxes and brokerage fees. And conversion from U.S. to Can. $.
OMG
$1100.00 Canadian is $866.00 US
For 2 tires
On Jan 27, 2021 I bought 4 - 215/70/R15 TigerPaw red lines for my RR from Diamondback
Cost $936.00 ($234 per tire)
Freight $96
Total $1,032.00 for 4 tires
Pricing has gotten ridiculous
sorry for the rant

My diesel is wearing 16 year old tires.....and looks like it's going to keep on wearing them.

People can only take so much before they remember who got them where they're at.

Not when they hear a growl from the front touching the back, they will remember.

It's not just Coker.............

View attachment 1241105
Dear valued customer,

On behalf of the team at Universal Vintage Tire, we would like to reach out directly to inform you about an upcoming price increase. We appreciate your continued support and would love the opportunity to continue providing you with the best tires and service in the industry.

Tire and wheel production costs have risen drastically in the past year. Raw material pricing, shipping costs, and labor rates are all increasing at an alarming rate. These factors directly impact the manufacturing process required to produce specialty tires and wheels for the collector car market. Many of our suppliers have increased pricing, beyond what we can absorb internally. Due to these circumstances, our products will see between 5% and 25% increases.

These new prices will be effective February 21, 2022. Any backorders not shipped on or before March 25, 2022 will be adjusted to the new pricing. If you have a backorder that is not fulfilled by March 25, 2022, one of our sales representatives will reach out to you directly.

We appreciate your loyalty, and we look forward to providing great tires and service for your next project.

Sincerely,

Universal Vintage Tire

knee pads are going to be extra.

It's not just them, as everyone knows surely by now.
EVERYTHING is going up, some of it exponentially....
We've got to buy tires for the wifes' 2012 Charger R/T and holy cow....sticker shock.
Read an article the other day that estimates the average family pays $250 more per month
just at the grocery store.
Gas has about doubled in places....on and on.

Elections have consequences.
Please know that I agree and my hands are tied as to a response to the real problem.

There goes my idea for redline radials on my runner. Can't justify $1500 a set for tires.

Can you still get caps done for tires?

Just checked Universal for the Firestone redlines I need for my roadrunner. $315 each. Well, that WAS a good price. I guess I can't still buy em yesterday, can i?

Doesn't the notice from Universal read almost word for word like the notice from Coker?
It is because they are both owned by the same company.

I can beat that. My Imperials are both on at least thirty year old tires. I'm guessing new for both might run $4000.
How often do you drive your Imperials and at what speeds?

Auto Transport Service
Back