• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 23 spline A833

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don selleck

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
looking for a A833 4 speed to bolt up to a slant six. the more complete the better need all associated parts for conversion, thanks.

sooner would be better, looking to mock up the crossovers and check clearances etc. whats your time frame

What car?
what year?
What length tail?
What size front bearing retainer do you need?
do you already have a bellhousing?
What diameter flywheel do you want?
Overdrive or not?
Aluminum case or iron?
Slip yoke or ball and reunion flange?
64-64 speedo gear or 1966 and newer type?
Floor shift or column shift?

it’s never easy is it? LOL

doesn't matter needs to be able to bolt up to a slant six, which may be the bearing retainer size I'm not quite sure will have to do some research for that

I'm assuming I'll probably have to buy a new flywheel pressure plate and possibly a bell housing from brewers. but all the linkage shifter mech and maybe a donor cross member might be usefull. the 4 speed was an option for a slant six so hoping to get lucky

its going in this with a leaning tower of power turboed and a pistol grip shifter of course
20210726_171021.jpg

sooner would be better, looking to mock up the crossovers and check clearances etc. whats your time frame

Unfortunately, my time frame has been jacked around because of a lot of BS. The machine shop is backed up because they don't have enough help. :blah::blah::blah: I'm replacing the 23 spline that's in the car with an 18 spline that's ready to go. Don't plan on using it when it comes out but don't want to blow smoke up your butt about timing.

I have a mid 80's. complete parts truck that has a slant 6 with a overdrive 4 speed. I'd sell you the whole truck for $1,000 only problem, I'm located in Florida.

Slants take a specific bell for the 4 speed. Trunk bells might pose some issues dunno know. Bells are different for the A833 OD trans vs the A833 4 speed trans (used in early 60s'). Note: The OD unit probably has a different number!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back