• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

245-60-14

ddpsnake

Local time
9:19 PM
Reaction score
Will the 245-60-14 tires fit on my 14x7 rims. thanks.the 215-70-14 are too skinny for my rear.

What was the answer? I like to mount tires on like size wheels as the tread width. Deviating more than an inch either way can affect how the tire performs....but it seems today's tires can handle more deviation. No pun intended. :D Still don't like installing a tire on a rim that's more than 1" narrower than the tread width.

just check outer car sites and they all said no real problems ,just 1 spedo would be off.

A tread width of 9.6+ inches on a 7" rim. Sure, it'll work but it's not optimum. Just watch your inflation or you'll wear out the centers if there's too much. Pretty sure you won't even get close to using max inflation with that combo.....

When going wide I measure unmounted bead width. If the rim is not at least that wide don't do it.

Auto Transport Service
Back