• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

26" Radiator What do they cost to rebuild?

mmomike

Local time
7:09 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 26" radiator that I want to have the correct #s on the top tank. I took the radiator to the radiator shop and they want to install a 4 row high efficient core in it because the core presently in the radiator is shot. Is 550 a good deal?

Thanks, Mike

I found a local guy who put the proper core back into mine for $500. It cools well. '67 Satellite w/AC

Sounds a little high, but Glenn Ray quoted me $600 to upgrade a 053 22" 2 row to a 3 row.

I paid $400 two years ago.

If they do a nice job that is about the going rate. The cores are at least $200 and I don't know about you but I don't work for free. The last sweptline radiator I had recored to 4-core was about $500.

I hate to see it, the price around here is $350.00. Why so high elsewhere?

Here in DFW, finding a shop that actually recores is getting harder. Heck, many "radiator" shops do not even have a hot tank. They're going the disposal/replacement route.

Here in DFW, finding a shop that actually recores is getting harder. Heck, many "radiator" shops do not even have a hot tank. They're going the disposal/replacement route.

I found a MA and Pa Shop to recore mine. Not many left out there. I paid $450, so the rates above are what I would consider current market rates.

Yup
the cost of copper
$450 to $600
Depending on where you live.
I had one done for the 77 Gremlin at a cost of $450

Auto Transport Service
Back