• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd Friday - anyone like Studys?

CoronetDarter

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score
Don't see very many blown Studys around

IMG_3967.JPG IMG_3984.JPG IMG_3985.JPG
Or tunnel rammed Study pickups either
IMG_3945.JPG IMG_3946.JPG IMG_3949.JPG
How about an 1881 Study; original body. I'm pretty sure the engine's been rebuilt.
IMG_3954.JPG IMG_3980.JPG IMG_3955.JPG IMG_3956.JPG

Hey you're right, you don't see many around at all, let alone with a supercharger. Nice! But I'm pretty sure no 1881 Studebaker had any engine at all, the first gas Study was 1904. They were still building buggies in the 19th century.

I always like the Stude styling. From the bullet nose body to the sweet Hawk and even the boxy Lark. I still remember riding the bus in grade school and going past a dealership. But then again I guess I march to the beat of a different drummer.

Me too, I've liked the speedsters and hawks. My pop had a 57 silverhawk that he put a 58 goldenhawk supercharged engine and corvette 4speed in.
If I could find one in great shape I'd gladly trade my 64 MW clone for it.

I've been looking for a nice Lark pickup for quite a while now. Studes are pretty cool.

Some of those hawks and their packard fore-bearers came supercharged from the factory!

Yep, and even the Avanti had a supercharger option. The R3 engine was rated at 335 hp.

Hey you're right, you don't see many around at all, let alone with a supercharger. Nice! But I'm pretty sure no 1881 Studebaker had any engine at all, the first gas Study was 1904. They were still building buggies in the 19th century.
And to your point, on his dash placard under 'Model' he wrote 'Buggy'.

Auto Transport Service
Back