• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3.6 pentastar

alsant

Local time
3:59 AM
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the 3.6 v6 in the Grand Cherokee ? Good / Bad .

Love it in mine! Plenty of power, smooth running, and yes, a supercharger is available for it.

We have two of them (a 2013 and a 2015) and so far, so good. They're pretty peppy once you crack 4500 rpm.

My wife has a 200 with one its a peppy engine it has said on the display that it is averaging 24 Mpg around town .

I've had two of them in week long plus rented Caravan/T&C's.

Plenty of power to move that big van fully loaded with six passengers in North Carolina mountain country!

...and 30 MPG highway.

In a Mopar rag, before the 3.6 was released, one of their engineers was speaking of potential HP numbers of this motor if supercharged/turbocharged, he would not release the numbers as V8s were the powerhouse motors, and as long as the EPA allows V8s to be 'legal' the new 3.6 would be massively developed and in numerous vehicles. I have driven a new Charger with this motor, and I wasn't looking for any more power, it's a good motor! 30mpg, 300hp, and $30k are all good numbers.

Auto Transport Service
Back