• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 deliverys today UPS USPS and FEdX

FU64RY

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:00 PM
Reaction score
So 2 out of tree anin't bad.
One was totally destroyed.........not UPS's fault
The guy packed a 50 pound antique pay phone in a cardboard box with one thin ply of bubble wrap in a thin cardboard box. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
He expects me to ship it back to Florida at my expense..........I don't think so.
Every body knows the shippers will destroy your packages. Even well packed.
That's how the big truck shipper drivers get free stuff.
Everything taken back to the terminals is thrown away.

I feel for you. I used to buy and sell antique tube radios.
I had a guy take a heavy radio, crumple up literally THREE sheets of newspaper, toss them randomly in the box with the radio, and send it to me. I **** you not, three sheets of crumpled up newspaper.

I feel for you. I used to buy and sell antique tube radios.
I had a guy take a heavy radio, crumple up literally THREE sheets of newspaper, toss them randomly in the box with the radio, and send it to me. I **** you not, three sheets of crumpled up newspaper.
Did it make it to you? I got a few stories too but so far, everything made it ok but don't see how lol

UPS. There not all that good at protecting your items. There UPS stores are pathedic with there crating up goods for shipping.. at a tune of 600 bucks. Got me a mangled mess in a card board box and styro peanuts .

Did it make it to you? I got a few stories too but so far, everything made it ok but don't see how lol
Nope, became a expensive parts radio.
I shipped radios all over the world, lots overseas. My rule for packing was that I would pack it so that it could be dropped from waist height on any side and survive. Never had a problem, not one. They don’t have to be overpacked, just packed with a bit of thought.

Nope, became a expensive parts radio.
I shipped radios all over the world, lots overseas. My rule for packing was that I would pack it so that it could be dropped from waist height on any side and survive. Never had a problem, not one. They don’t have to be overpacked, just packed with a bit of thought.
It's amazing how some pack up stuff. They see what comes in an Amazon box I guess and think it's ok for something that's 10 times heavier to be packed the same way.

Never underestimate the desire and ability for stuff to get damaged in shipping. I have heard more than one story of guys playing “box ball” in the old days on night shift.

Freshly recored 053 Radiator I shipped to SWEDEN... IN THE MAIL.. made it there in the same condition it left here!

I must be lucky, my packages seem good 99.9% of the time
(probably just jinxed myself)

I've had like one shipping damage claim in like 20 years
probably $50k+ in delivered goods

an A12 6bbl 69.5 lift off hood, got the front pass. corner cracked
I saw the (beefy *** cardboard reinforced) box
the outside corner was crushed
Obviously it was dropped on that corner
It was crammed into a shitty little van, sideways/diagonally
& I was pissed
I kept the hood, I opened it in front of the driver,
I looked at the damage, took detailed photos
& had the delivery guy/driver sign a statement
& they sent me, the $700 difference & I fixed it myself
(I paid $1000) it was actually insured for $1700
But;
it was a subcontractor (can't remember the name) in a smaller Astro van
delivering it for UPS

our UPS driver lives right up the street,
he's a really good guy, conscientious, considerate & careful
(Oh I know most aren't too)
any damage is prior to him getting it
the shipping hub is about 50+ miles down the mountain
in Angles Camp

Last edited:
Never underestimate the desire and ability for stuff to get damaged in shipping. I have heard more than one story of guys playing “box ball” in the old days on night shift.
Hopefully, camera's are in use these days.....

Out of the 3 drivers, how many, and who rang the doorbell to let you know something is at the door?

I always get a knock......don't have a working door bell because I got tired of the door bell abusers.

Wife runs a hospital lab. To calm any fears, I’ll say up front that this was around fifteen years ago.
They send specimens out every day for testing. Nobody goes to get tested at a hospital for good reasons. A box of human specimens is considered a very serious, very dangerous thing. Plus, they are critical to the health and care of the patient.
I love my wife dearly. We’ve had fights, and I’ve seen her angry. Very angry. But there is a side of her that is beyond that, her business side. Much like a mother with her children, she will do whatever it takes to protect her clients. She would stand on me in a lake to hold them up if they were drowning. I’m not kidding.
Anyway...
One day the delivery guy shows up to pick up the box of specimens that is going out. He puts it in the back of the body job truck, doesn’t roll down the tailgate, and leaves.
As soon as the truck moves the box of specimens falls out and shatters in the hospital parking lot.
This is very, very, bad. Fortunately, these things are well packed for just such an event. Nothing escaped.
My wife has an expression on her face I’ve never seen before, don’t ever want to see again.
She makes a phone call, and I wouldn’t want to be whoever she talked to.
The driver is never seen ever again. Not at work, not around town. He’s just gone.
I can probably hire her out if any of you need her to talk to your shipping company.

Last edited:
I had damage once to some whiskers purchased from Dante's, who I am sure packed it properly. Somewhere down the line (customs?) someone removed the packing for inspection, tossed the stuff back in the box, and left out most of the packing. What can you do?

Years ago, I sold/shipped parts accumulated over the years Never a problem with UPS. I will never use Fed Ex. ever.

Bought a set of front shocks, this is all I got (box had pcking paper inside no shocks)
Awesome seller on this forum:thumbsup: refunded my money, it was not his fault

box.jpg

Bought a set of front shocks, this is all I got (box had pcking paper inside no shocks)
Awesome seller on this forum:thumbsup: refunded my money, it was not his fault

View attachment 927231

Hopefully this person has learned a lesson and learned to pack stuff better? But I highly doubt it!

Out of the 3 drivers, how many, and who rang the doorbell to let you know something is at the door?
ZERO!!!!
The seller is ignoring me...guess I'll have to file a claim with eBay, they require a 3 business day wait.

A friend who owns a motorcycle shop got a package today that required a signature. He wasn't allowed to touch the driver's tablet.
The driver signed it, "Covid 19".

In 35 years of shipping cameras, computers and other electronic equipment I can't remember having a damaged item. Damaged package, yes. Item, no.
Good packing is everything.

A friend who owns a motorcycle shop got a package today that required a signature. He wasn't allowed to touch the driver's tablet.
The driver signed it, "Covid 19".

In 35 years of shipping cameras, computers and other electronic equipment I can't remember having a damaged item. Damaged package, yes. Item, no.
Good packing is everything.
Usually ask people that I ship to what the package looked like when it got there and if they could/would they send me a pic of it. Oh yeah, I ask about the contents too :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back