• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 on the tree to automatic swap?

fwi

Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
Just purchased another Mopar, this one has a slant 6 225 and 3 on the tree. wondering how difficult it would be to swap it for an auto trans?

Last edited:
what year am looking for the pedals to change mine to std if you do. I did same swap years ago used after market shifter everything was a bolt up from doner car trans. driveshaft,cant remember any problem wife drove car for 5 years

What year car ? pre 68 slants have a smaller crank register and the converter snout is smaller. 68 up they changed.I have a slant 904 that is a 71 if needed.

Sorry for the late response......It's a 1964 Dodge 330, all stock 225.

What year car ? pre 68 slants have a smaller crank register and the converter snout is smaller. 68 up they changed.I have a slant 904 that is a 71 if needed.

Are you saying I would have to get a different converter to make your fit?

Interesting, '64 was the last year of the pushbutton trans and first year option of a floor shift/console at least in some models. The cable shift continued through '65 so that year could be setup either way (lever or buttons).

FWI, Just got back from a camping trip.Yes the 64 slant has a small converter snout hole in the crank.I had to get converters made to run the 68-up trannys.Got them made from Hughes Transmissions.You can check if anyone has a 66 or 67 904 with the converter. It would bolt right up as they didn't have the cable shift and you can use a aftermarket shifter. OR use the 64/65 and get the cables and the push buttons complete.Just a few ways to skin a cat.

Auto Transport Service
Back