• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 piece rear GTX trim

mikeyfrano

Local time
6:01 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have the 3 piece chrome trim that goes on the rear of a 70 GTX. I have the 2 pieces that go on the rear of the quarter panels but I don't have the piece that runs across the trunk. I will buy all 3 pieces or just the center piece if you have it.
Thank you: Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck on finding that piece. I assume you have a 70? I have a 68 and have looked everywhere for a better one of those. They're very difficult to come by. Hope you find it - if you do pls let me know where. Sorry I'm no help.

Unless the trunk lid has holes for it, it didn't come with it. Sooooo, does it have the holes?

No my trunk lid doesn't have holes. 25 yrs ago I traded The lid from my satellite for the one on my GTX because it had some rust on the inside. I took the trI'm off, but after 23 yrs of moving my parts around from a few differnt places that ive lived, I have no idea what happened to it. I've been waiting for classic ind to make it for the past 2 yrs, be a use its in their catalog and they still don't have it.

You mean like the 3-piece set on the back of my car?

Sorry...don't have any spares here.

Wow thanks for the write up on all the pros n cons of what you have seen and or tried that was a great read! I didn't know metro had this piece,Ivery never seen it in any of their ads. Once again thank you!

Auto Transport Service
Back