• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 Speed Wiper Motor

PlumcrazyRR

Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
Started the restoration on my wiper motor today. After starting to strip some of the several coats of paint that have been painted on the motor over the years I was able to see the numbers on the wiper motor. It is a 3 speed wiper motor in a 1970 Roadrunner. The numbers that I saw on it were
Top line: 2889 976 Middle line: 73691 Bottom line: 2487

I am assuming the bottom number is a date code, which would be 248th day of 67 or September 5th from doing some research? And here comes the question part. I am assuming that at some point someone changed out the wiper motor with an incorrect year. Does anyone know what this would have came off of? Thank you in advance for your vast amounts of knowledge. It always greatly appreciated.

IMG_20140125_205739_070.jpg
IMG_20140125_212140_082.jpg
IMG_20140125_205831_933.jpg

Last edited:
I can't find that number on my list but a google search has a couple hits that indicates it may be from a 67 polara. You may want to send an inquiry to passion4mopars.com they seem to know their stuff.

I can't find that number on my list but a google search has a couple hits that indicates it may be from a 67 polara. You may want to send an inquiry to passion4mopars.com they seem to know their stuff.

Thanks, that was my plan if no one here had an idea. I went to their site to look for the part number yesterday and was surprised to not see it there. I thought they had most every wiper motor there. I guess this one must have been a very shortly produced wiper motor or maybe a replacement of some sort. Didn't even see it in my B-body restoration book which covers all of the numbers.

Does anyone know how to get a wiper motor out of a factory air conditioning car? The bolts in the engine compartment are easy (obviously) but the one which ties the motor shaft to the wiper "tie rod" under the dash is behind the A/C unit. Mine's a 1970 Roadrunner BTW..

Thanks

Greg

Does anyone know how to get a wiper motor out of a factory air conditioning car? The bolts in the engine compartment are easy (obviously) but the one which ties the motor shaft to the wiper "tie rod" under the dash is behind the A/C unit. Mine's a 1970 Roadrunner BTW..

Thanks

Greg
The trick to removing the wiper motor is the sweep of the wipers will line up with the hole so that the nut is exposed after the mounting bolts are out to swing out the arm and give you enough room to remove the nut from the motor..... don't force anything but with patience it can be removed and installed from the engine bay.

- - - Updated - - -

Sterling clasic auto sells replacement motors and parts reasonably...
Passion 4 mopar was twice the money to rebuild my core than Sterling auto was for a remanufactured unit keeping my core....

Last edited:
This POST cost me money.
245 for rebuilt variable speed motor from Sterling Classic Auto.

- - - Updated - - -

Sterling clasic auto sells replacement motors and parts reasonably...
Passion 4 mopar was twice the money to rebuild my core than Sterling auto was for a remanufactured unit keeping my core....

Really? Twice the money?

I don't sell used wiper motors that are painted with a C body part number and say it will fit everything from a 1964 to a 1971 Mopar and leave the C body harness, clocking and bulkhead connector on it knowing it won't fit everything from 64-71. I wouldn't sell you a motor and say it will fit your car knowing that if you purchase that motor it will not park in the correct position for your application, won't plug into your bulkhead because the index is incorrect for everything but a C body. So you purchase the motor and have to find a bulkhead connector, what color order for your application to wire the new bulkhead connector, at an additional cost and then you get to do research to try to find out WHY it's not parking where it should. Can you call and get support on how to make work what was said would work and won't? When the bared wires cause dead shorts and the motor won't function or becomes undependable, can you send it back and they'll put new wire covers on the wires and return it? No charge?

I RESTORE motors, I don't REFINISH them. I don't put motors out of here that have bared wires, used grommets, used motor to firewall gaskets so you get water on your floorboard when they leak, used ground straps, incorrect clocking, incorrect bulkhead connector, nor claim the motor will fit every car that it will not, etc. "remanufactured"= "refinished" per their website. Monumental difference in those terms. I provide a lifetime warranty on ALL my wiper motors, they're specific and they're built for YOUR car, not every car. Plug and play. No mysteries.

I don't mind competition, but when you talk "twice the money", let's compare apples to apples, just to be fair?

Kim

I have never talked to anyone more knowledgeable than Kim when it comes to wiper motors. FOR FREE she gave me advice on my resto when I am ready to get the correct motor for my car the very first call will be to passion4mopars!

I have to agree with bigmanjbmopar on this one. I have also emailed Kim from Passion4Mopars and she has given me free advice on techniques to get the wiper motor I have looking better and other restoration advice. And her wiper motors and the Sterling Classic wiper motors are not even in the same ballpark when it comes to comparisons. Hers are definitely top notch show quality. When it comes time and I have the money, my motor is going to her.

My 2nd wiper motor restored by Kim. As far as I am concerned, there is no better restoration service. This is the original wiper motor for my 70 Charger. It had suffered through a major underhood fire, but she saved it. Many thanks Kim!

IMG_20140507_213542.jpgIMG_20140507_213612.jpg

Kim is ok in my book, I didn't even contact her, she noticed I had a thread posted about the clocking of my wiper motor, she pm'd me out of the blue with her phone number, we had a very pleasant conversation, and I gained a lot of valuable information. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with her in the future. Thanks Kim.

Really? Twice the money?

I don't sell used wiper motors that are painted with a C body part number and say it will fit everything from a 1964 to a 1971 Mopar and leave the C body harness, clocking and bulkhead connector on it knowing it won't fit everything from 64-71. I wouldn't sell you a motor and say it will fit your car knowing that if you purchase that motor it will not park in the correct position for your application, won't plug into your bulkhead because the index is incorrect for everything but a C body. So you purchase the motor and have to find a bulkhead connector, what color order for your application to wire the new bulkhead connector, at an additional cost and then you get to do research to try to find out WHY it's not parking where it should. Can you call and get support on how to make work what was said would work and won't? When the bared wires cause dead shorts and the motor won't function or becomes undependable, can you send it back and they'll put new wire covers on the wires and return it? No charge?

I RESTORE motors, I don't REFINISH them. I don't put motors out of here that have bared wires, used grommets, used motor to firewall gaskets so you get water on your floorboard when they leak, used ground straps, incorrect clocking, incorrect bulkhead connector, nor claim the motor will fit every car that it will not, etc. "remanufactured"= "refinished" per their website. Monumental difference in those terms. I provide a lifetime warranty on ALL my wiper motors, they're specific and they're built for YOUR car, not every car. Plug and play. No mysteries.

I don't mind competition, but when you talk "twice the money", let's compare apples to apples, just to be fair?

Kim
Very well put. Thank you for the service you provide, and for all of the 'free' information you have put on your website for all of use to benefit from. I personally have it saved in my favorites to assist me in ID'ing my various motors and switches.

I've had 2 motors restored by Passion4Mopars and couldn't be happier with the cost or the service. Kim is a great gal and very knowledgeable, Just don't call her if you only have a minute to talk lol. She will always get my wiper motor business.

Really? Twice the money?

Kim
You still around? I looked for your website, and it seems the listings are scrubbed ( no longer in service)

Auto Transport Service
Back