• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

318 2BBL EFI Recommendations?

videoword

Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
I'm thinking strongly about converting my '68 318 (automatic transmission) to EFI. Not having major issues with carb or anything, just looking for better gas mileage and performance.

Can I slap a Holley Sniper on there? A FiTech? Are there any kits that fit?

Thanks.

Holley sniper/ fitech will both work. You know summit has a self learning efi kit out now and it’s very cheap $500 if I remember correctly. I would not hesitate to use it you know the customer service you’re going to get buying anything from summit. It’s not as simple as a slap on and go with any of these. Will need to run a fuel return line, most likely an electric pump as well. Do some homework on the systems.

When looking for a system keep in mind that they work best when they can control the timing.
You also need to install an O2 sensor on the exhaust and a coolant temperature sensor.
The fuel pump and lines are the most work/skills required. Don't expect huge gains in mileage, maybe 2-3 gpm if your car runs well today.

I would assume as long as your base on your old carb looks like this you can use it. Im no expert might want to call Holley about the correct application.
550-851_v51840.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

I believe almost all the kits are for 4-Barrel carb replacement. You will likely need to change the intake manifold.

Found this. Looks way more complicated but its a mopar Fuel injection kit. https://www.affordable-fuel-injection.com/product/mopar-tbi-complete-system/

Hey, that's pretty cool! And cheap... Definitely a contender - would save me having get a new manifold.

I believe almost all the kits are for 4-Barrel carb replacement. You will likely need to change the intake manifold.

That makes sense. I'll have to look into that as well. Probably could use a new manifold anyways. The Edelbrock on comes with it, so would be easiest.

I assume its a LA 318 and not the Poly. You should be able to pick up a 318 4 bbl intake on the cheap.

There is a bolt on adapter plate that allows you to use either the Holley or fitech 2v on the stock intake, simular to the spreadbore to square bore adapter, you get a pressure regulator with holley/fitech but not with Summit. Cheapest on the Summit would be the corvette regulator that fits by the tank so less cost as you only run one line to the front of the car. Just tip of the iceberg.

While you can't modify the programming, Chrysler had factory TBI on LA small blocks in the 80s/90s. If you want cheap fuel injection on a stock motor, it's an option.

Auto Transport Service
Back