• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

318 Intake Manifold Replacement (valve covers on or off?)

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:32 PM
Reaction score
My original manifold cleared the valve covers so I did not need to remove them. I am amusing that the Edlebrock performer IM will also clear them but not sure. Posting the question but I should be able to dry fit them to figure this out but thought I would ask.

Thanks,

the Moparfeind

For a Poly, you won't need to remove the valve covers to do an intake. But on an LA... I'd say remove them just in case, especially if you're using some type of sealant on the intake around the ports. But that's just me, being cautious, the flanges might not be in the way, but it's a much tighter fit with the LA heads and laying down an intake I'd rather not have the possible interference.

Thanks for the advice 65RR I will pull them they need to be either replaced or sand blasted and painted anyway. Now I have an excuse to do that as well lol......

Auto Transport Service
Back