• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

318's really have no value? Should i just scrap it?

idrivemopar

Local time
3:35 PM
Reaction score
Just wondering, do 318's really have no value? Trying to sell one for under 200 bucks, no takers and no interest. Is it better to just scrap the darn thing?

I've tried selling a complete one on craigslist for 100 bucks and no bites,I gave it to my best friend after he got amped up when he felt how good they run with a 360 crank in em.

Just wondering, do 318's really have no value? Trying to sell one for under 200 bucks, no takers and no interest. Is it better to just scrap the darn thing?

where in colorado are you? i live in the springs and might take that off your hands.
does it run?

where in colorado are you? i live in the springs and might take that off your hands.
does it run?

I am in Fort Collins. It ran when i pulled it out in April, it did have a 4 barrel manifold on it, so it needs new intake gaskets. Smokes a bit, its originally from a 77 LeBaron, but when my Holley 600 was tuned up, it ran pretty darn good.

This is where i was when i went to hit reply and the changes in the site were taking place,

If its a good one i wouldn't scrap it.. I don't think there is of much value as far as money gos but there a really great engine for running, gas mileage and stuff.. I bought one last summer out of a pick up for 200 dollars and had to look for more then two months to find it, heard it run and grabbed it.. Most in my area are Chevy guys, Id buy it if you weren't in Colorado, just to have it hear, i have two BB but they will never go into my car, the 318 works great and right now its real easy on fuel, the new rear end gears are going to change that but need the extra push, so to speak..

If 318s have no value, it sure is news to me. Maybe no resale value. If that's the only way you look at things, you certainly have a negative outlook. There's no such thing as a valueless Mopar engine. Especially the 318. It's one of the most dependable and depended ON engines Mopar ever made.

Sure wish you were in NE Texas---
I'd take it off your hands in a minute!

DON"T scrap it----

The re-sale value is exactly what i was talkin about, high priced engine they are not.. Great engine they are, and hard to find in my area.. I was lucky to find the extra one i have and if i can find another one, ill get it if i have the cash to do it..

I just paid 200 for what turned out to be a VERY low miles 318 (probably less than 20K) and was happy to get it. Had never had the intake or valve covers off. It now has a Performer/ 650, and a mile mechanical cam, and runs GREAT. It will be in the Dart until I get time and money to get the 360 reworked. I did NOT want to have the car down for what is turning out to be a GREAT summer!!!!

I think 200 is about the going rate, its what i paid and would have went higher by some (the extra 318). Mine in the 73 has a roller cam and 4-barrel full headers and i think it does real well for a SB, ive had many 318 engines but none to have the ump this one does.. and still be good to the pocket book with fuel. :)

I tried to sell a 67 model teen that had only 57k miles on it. It just sat here. Price, 150 and after awhile, I kept dropping it until it hit 75 and after no hits on that, I tore it down just to see if it had a forged crank.....and it did. But it also had a couple of bent push rods and one that went through a rocker. I knew it was running on 7 but man, not 5 lol. I canned everything but the crank. I figure it's worth something and might even use it someday. Teens are usually easy and cheap to find....when you ain't looking for one!

Shes been sold, thanks to Ori from forAbodiesonly.com for the purchase, and good luck turbo charging it!!!!!

I just sold my 67 318 this summer for 75 bucks...... Took a while even at that price!

I just sold my 67 318 this summer for 75 bucks...... Took a while even at that price!

Wow, your not that far from me, wish i would have known lol..

- - - Updated - - -

Shes been sold, thanks to Ori from forAbodiesonly.com for the purchase, and good luck turbo charging it!!!!!

GOOD deal bud!! Hate to see those thrown out, hard to beat a 318, you can use them and get more HP then some think!

If 318s have no value, it sure is news to me. Maybe no resale value. If that's the only way you look at things, you certainly have a negative outlook. There's no such thing as a valueless Mopar engine. Especially the 318. It's one of the most dependable and depended ON engines Mopar ever made.

right on rusty. your a hoot.

Stroke them to 390 CID. Runs the same as any 408

I gave the one that originally came in my Satellite to a guy on the bigblockdart.com forum in exchange for him coming over and helping me yank it. We traded small block 727 for big block 727 at the same time.

Auto Transport Service
Back