• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

340 sb in my 65 coronet, Headers?

65coronut

Local time
4:31 PM
Reaction score
Well Im new here and could use some help.
I have a 65 Coronet 500 Im putting together and I have planned on the following dive line.
69 340 Balanced rotating assembly Mildly ported 2.02-1.60 915 heads with TRW Flat tops, old school 454 General Kinetics cam with adjustable ductile rockers.
71 nonlockup 727 with red-line clutches, bolted sprag, Kevlar bands 3800 TCI 10.5 convertor.
323 suregrip 8 3/4 rear
I have ordered the imperial services cable shifter adaptor to use the stock shifter and the later model 727
Im using thew TCM MFG disk brake set up on the front and the Stock rear drums.
I seem to be having a problem finding small block headers for the 65 with the small block.
I would have gone with a big block but I already have 3-340s built and on stands in my garage includeing the one in the 68 Barracuda so Im hoping the headers are the least of my worries. I see I can spend 600 on TTIs but that just isnt in the buget.
PlEASE HELP!

I understand that there would not be a listing because the there was no 340 in 65. I just figured someone had swapped in a different year header and with a little adjustment made it work.
Like the c body exhaust manifolds on the 440 in a duster or slightly modified B body headers in an early cuda and so on. I can do some fabing myself, I'm just shocked that no one on a B Body only web site has not done this application.
I have ran 9.13 with a 340 and a glide in my 65 Barracuda so I'm sure the wife's car will work just fine with a warmed over 340. The 65 coronet is only suppose to weigh 3250 with the poly.
My 68 cuda weighs almost that with the 340 and 727 it sports now and it halls *** for those of you that turn their noses up at the SB motors.
YellowDartDave I do appreciate you posing the link.

With Mopars, you have to get imaginative.
They did not have a 340 in 65 but they did have a 273!
Nobody but TTI list anything for small blocks in 65 but since a 66 is the same car underneath...there is your answer!
Glad I could help..that is what we are here for.:pink banana:

Auto Transport Service
Back