• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

360 in my 65 Belvedere wagon throttle cable

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
I dropped a 360 4 barrel in my 65 Belvedere wagon. The stock 273 2 barrel throttle cable is too short. Does anyone have a part number for the correct cable I should be using? Also I used the cable brackets from a 318 4 barrel and it doesn't line up very well. The Edelbrock carb seems too wide.

I got my cable from Rick Ehrenbergs ebay store (ricks-mopars). He sells a variety of the OEM style cable. I used one of his in my engine swap and it went in well. Was a little stiff till I put some miles on it but no complaints. He may have what you need. Might be worth messaging him and asking. Ill list one of his below in a link:

For Mopar Accelerator CABLE Kit A, B-Body 340 383 318 340 Plymouth Dodge Cuda + | eBay

I just dont know what the difference is for older B's since you have the slightly different firewall. Hope this points you in the right direction!

Playing around with it more it looks like the throttle cable would be long enough with the correct bracket. It's a late 70s 360 with an Edelbrock carb and chrysler linkage adaptor.

IMG_4023.jpg

IMG_4025.jpg

IMG_4024.jpg

I got my cable from Rick Ehrenbergs ebay store (ricks-mopars). He sells a variety of the OEM style cable. I used one of his in my engine swap and it went in well. Was a little stiff till I put some miles on it but no complaints. He may have what you need. Might be worth messaging him and asking. Ill list one of his below in a link:

For Mopar Accelerator CABLE Kit A, B-Body 340 383 318 340 Plymouth Dodge Cuda + | eBay

I just dont know what the difference is for older B's since you have the slightly different firewall. Hope this points you in the right direction!
I just sent him a message through Ebay. Thanks. Hopefully I can get this straightened out. The engine is almost ready to be started.

No problem! and that does seem close. I have heard of people using a small piece of metal to extend the factory cable to meet the throttle for a temporary fix if you wanted to do that to fire the motor. I also used a different accelerator bracket from Bouchillon Performance for my car as I was not using the OEM kickdown linkage. It works pretty well and is adjustable, so might be something else to consider. Also, costs about as much as a repro factory bracket.

ACCELERATOR CABLE MOUNTING BRACKET 4 BRL - Bouchillon Performance Engineering

Make sure that the cable you get has the clevis on both ends so it fits the pedal and carb.

You do know that the cable has to be clamped under that clamp and nut thing. Right?
Looks like you have a 318 2 barrell bracket assembly. And the kickdown linkage has a lot of angle on it...

No problem! and that does seem close. I have heard of people using a small piece of metal to extend the factory cable to meet the throttle for a temporary fix if you wanted to do that to fire the motor. I also used a different accelerator bracket from Bouchillon Performance for my car as I was not using the OEM kickdown linkage. It works pretty well and is adjustable, so might be something else to consider. Also, costs about as much as a repro factory bracket.

ACCELERATOR CABLE MOUNTING BRACKET 4 BRL - Bouchillon Performance Engineering
That may be the way to go.

Here's what worked. The Rick Eberg small block cable bracket. It has the tab for the Lokar trans kickdown. I found out the 65 B-body 383 4 barrel cable is 2" longer than my stock one. That did the trick. I can take pics if anyone wants.

You do know that the cable has to be clamped under that clamp and nut thing. Right?
Looks like you have a 318 2 barrell bracket assembly. And the kickdown linkage has a lot of angle on it...
The stock cable was too short for that bracket.

Here's what worked. The Rick Eberg small block cable bracket. It has the tab for the Lokar trans kickdown. I found out the 65 B-body 383 4 barrel cable is 2" longer than my stock one. That did the trick. I can take pics if anyone wants.
Do you have a photo or part number for the new cable you used. Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back