• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

360 rocker shafts?

moparvinson

Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
Helping my son with his 408 motor. Just had the heads redone due to warped or bad head gasket. When he took it apart he placed the rockers on the shelf as they came off but when I tried to install them the notch is to the back on both sides? Was one put on backwards when motor was built at machine shop?

So I have been searching everywhere, some say use the notch, others say they have seen notches done wrong? Some say small oil hole down and towards the exhaust, others say down and towards the valve? I will be at his house this weekend and look at it closer but he drove it for over a year with no oil issues?

So I have been searching everywhere, some say use the notch, others say they have seen notches done wrong? Some say small oil hole down and towards the exhaust, others say down and towards the valve? I will be at his house this weekend and look at it closer but he drove it for over a year with no oil issues?
Refer to my post #2, Driver side notch to the front, pass side notch to the rear.

Auto Transport Service
Back