• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

383 Bee & Summit or Flotech headers

68383GTS

Local time
12:08 AM
Reaction score
Summit ceramic header part # sum-G9141. Or Flowtech #BIG-3130FT ceramic header
Is anybody using a set of the on their 383 auto 66-70 B body? If so how well do they fit? Any issues ?
Thanks ,Jim

1119171430-1.jpg

Anything is better than hedmans!

We used a set of summit headers on my sons Camaro a couple years ago and was very impressed with the quality and the price fit the high schoolers budget.

I wouldnt be afraid of ordering them for a mopar either if you dont have a TTI budget.

Pretty sure the one collector is aimed in the wrong location.
I don't think it lines up with the hump in the crossmember

I have read that is a issue on the RB engines. But the B engine header will sit lower and should clear better.

I saw a member's 72 400 slapstick SSP with Summit/Flowtechs.

The shop that installed them said they did not do any mods.

I only saw from the top, but did not see any dings.

They do come with a factory flat spot to help clear a power steering pump.

I just bought a pair for myself but have only just started to test fit them.

And if they dont fit right Summit is SO easy to work with on returns. I have never had any questions on a return there.

I will buy Doug's if I spend TTI money..

I chose dougs over TTi for my 383, that was a mistake. for the extra couple hundred I will be choosing TTI next time. had to bash the hell out of my dougs 1 3/4" and I don't even have power steering. Just my experience on my 64 Plymouth.

Looking for 1-7/8" headers for my '68 too. The ceramic coated Summit SUM-G9141 got my interest. TTi is far to expensive.

Engine is a stroked 383 to 489, aluminum ported heads, 550-600hp street driver. I was recommended to use 1-7/8" on that build.

Power steering, column shift!, standard pitman arm/steering linkage, Dakota starter, 2.5" exhaust.

Give the Summit headers a try? I've heard mixed feedback about the fitment (but overall more positive).

Looking for 1-7/8" headers for my '68 too. The ceramic coated Summit SUM-G9141 got my interest. TTi is far to expensive.

Engine is a stroked 383 to 489, aluminum ported heads, 550-600hp street driver. I was recommended to use 1-7/8" on that build.

Power steering, column shift!, standard pitman arm/steering linkage, Dakota starter, 2.5" exhaust.

Give the Summit headers a try? I've heard mixed feedback about the fitment (but overall more positive).
Summit is running $20 off $200
$50 off $500 and $100 off $1000 use code ALWAYS at checkout

Auto Transport Service
Back