• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

383 Exhaust Manifold Interchange

Briscoe Bum

Local time
1:07 AM
Reaction score
Well after 40 plus years of running my Satellite, I have had it with headers. I do have a question for the crew, what years stock exhaust manifolds will interchange with my 1971 383 equipped Satellite? Thanks as always and I do appreciate any help from you all.

Any 440/383 B body exhaust manifolds will work you looking for HP manifolds I guess.

They should all bolt up to the engine. The orientation of the flange to the exhaust pipe is different on different models. The TTI website was helpful to me with casting numbers and knowing which flange orientation I would need when adding the later HP manifolds to my 64 Fury. https://www.ttiexhaust.com/MoparClassics-Exhaust/MfdCastingNo-383.pdf

They should all bolt up to the engine. The orientation of the flange to the exhaust pipe is different on different models. The TTI website was helpful to me with casting numbers and knowing which flange orientation I would need when adding the later HP manifolds to my 64 Fury. https://www.ttiexhaust.com/MoparClassics-Exhaust/MfdCastingNo-383.pdf
That great, I wasn’t worried about the block matching but my worry is that, it’s tight by the steering box/torsion bars. I’m going follow your link and see what fits. When I got the car in 79 it had headers so I have any clue on how the stock manifolds fit. Thanks

67 manifold pipe clamps are clocked differently than 68 and up.
And so is the 70-71 right side hp manifold. If I remember correctly 67-69 right hand side same, 67 left side unique. 68-70 left side same, 70-71 right side different than earlier. All this for hp manifolds. Heat riser is also different on the 70 and up manifolds vs the 67-69 style.

Auto Transport Service
Back