• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

383 motor smokes

belvedere 67

Local time
4:56 AM
Reaction score
I have a 383 in a 67 belvedere Im working on . I went through the top end . I put in a new valley tin then put an after market offenhousen intake on, I noticed the intake does not cover two large holes on both side on the intake. I was told that they were cast there and suppose to be there, But when I got it started today a little bit of smoke comes out of these holes. Is this normal?

are you talking about the exhaust heat ports in the center of the heads, under the intake manifold ??

I've got the same setup. I've never seen smoke come out. Let me ask a question.. Could one of your exhaust manifold bolts be leaking and the smoke from the coolant on the manifold be finding its way up and around? Just a thought... I know I had a couple of bolts leaking by and that smoke was all over the place..

I've got the same setup. I've never seen smoke come out. Let me ask a question.. Could one of your exhaust manifold bolts be leaking and the smoke from the coolant on the manifold be finding its way up and around? Just a thought... I know I had a couple of bolts leaking by and that smoke was all over the place..
hey thanks for the tips.

Auto Transport Service
Back