• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$390 for a new B Body Front Disk Brake conversion?

69chargerboy

Local time
6:46 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with this kit sold on eBay? It looks very basic, and easy to assemble. I really wanted to buy the high-end Wilwood or Baer brakes, but $1500+ right now isn't very affordable, I don't really see the need buying the high-end kits. I'm going to drive the 69 Charger to a few local shows, Carlisle and the Nats every year. I think I may buy it. Any reason why I shouldn't buy it?

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=230274224770&rd=1
:beerchug:

I am not very familiar with the kit but I use to do business with the seller (Matt) when I needed Camaro parts for my customers. He was real good to work with.

OHD, I like your parts stores. I wish they would carry old stuff here. It just isn't so and it, of course, sucks! I'm doing an all A body part swap myself. I was going to do a late B body spindle and brake set up. Brake pads and calipers, etc... easy stuff.

You have to be able to tell what years the parts were used on what model cars, interchange manuals will get you good deals on just about any parts.

OHD, do you know of a good outlet for the interchange manuals?

Just did some research for my '68RR. I found that '73-'76 A body, or '70-'74 B or E body discs, spindles, calipers, and prop. valve will work. I went to the local yard and scored the complete setup from a '73 coronet. It had a recent brake job and bearings. SCORE!! Cost me $175.00. The only issue with this was the fact that the coronet lower ball joint bracket bolted from outside into the threaded bracket. the RR is opposite. So with this setup there were no threads to use. Just had to get some bad *** bolts and lock nuts.

One way to see what part fits what is go to partsamerica.com and plug in a vehicle. If you find a part you need, click on the "SEE ALL VEHICLES THIS PRODUCT FITS" It'll show you all vehicles that use that part.

Moparts is full of CRAP! I used there tech pages to find out what brakes will work on my '68 RR. They said '70-'74 B body discs will work. THEY DON'T!!
Thanks to them the '73 coronet brakes I bought don't work.

Whoa, hang on there. What parts aren't working for you? As far as I know, most if not all of that stuff should work. Check out Mopar Actions Disco-Tech in their archives. Also check BigBlockDart.com. Both are usefull information resources.

Revhendo.

The bottom part of the caliper hits the lower control arm. The part of the caliper that extends out where the brake line bolts on. It doesn't matter which caliper you use either. By the way these are the 'pin' type calipers.

Mopar Action says NOT to use '73 and up 'B' body stuff. Wish I had looked there first. I guess the lesson here is don't go by the first advise you read.

Only the calipers are wrong, use calipers and brake hoses from a E-body and you should be fine.

The reason Mopar action (E-booger in paticular) doesn't like the '73 and up b-body stuff is because of the taller spindle issue. Where I see his point and agree with him in most respects, his issue comes into play at the very extremes of suspension movement. Big Block Dart actually did extensive measurements on this and this info is on their website.

I have run the B-body spindles on my Valiant for over three years and have not had any problems.

Food for thought

Rev.

Auto Transport Service
Back