• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

392 Swap on 68 Charger

RonnieK

Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
Very intrigued with putting the 392 crate motor into my 68 Charger. Has anyone done it with tips to provide? If you did it again, what would you have done differently if anything? My thought is to go with the QA1 front suspension and a Wilwood conversation for the front. Will have 18 months to complete and just doing the research now. Any feedback or thoughts are appreciated. I can't seem to find many 68's with the swap and content on it.

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 9.52.44 PM.png

If it were me I wouldn't do the QA1 or the wildwood conversion at all. I'm not impressed with wildwood quality and would go with a more factory style disk. Also I think if you're willing to pull the front suspension anyway, just rebuild it and do some cheap upgrades to stiffen the lower control arms and k-frame. I say this assuming you aren't doing a full pro touring build.

Auto Transport Service
Back