• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3rd Annual Back to School Bash - Newport News, VA

ChargerSXT

Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
2009CarShowFlyer.gif

Dear Fellow Enthusiasts and Friends,

As founder of the Hampton Roads Mopar Enthusiasts (HRME), I would like to invite all fellow car, truck, and motorcycle enthusiasts out to the 3rd Annual Back to School Bash Car, Truck & Bike Show. It is our goal to build on the outstanding support and excitement of the last two years’ shows, and make this annual charity event one of the largest and most well known events in the Hampton Roads area! As with last year, the show is sanctioned as an official benefit for the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

St. Jude was founded by the late entertainer Danny Thomas for the sole purpose of conducting basic and clinical research into catastrophic childhood diseases, mainly cancer. St. Jude is the largest childhood cancer research center in the world, having treated children from all 50 states and from around the world. Additionally, St. Jude is the only pediatric research center where families never pay for treatment not covered by insurance, and families without insurance are never asked to pay.

Over the past two years, the show has hosted over 100 vehicles and more than 1,000 enthusiasts (participants and spectators), and has raised over $2800.00 for charity. This year, with your help, we hope to significantly increase the participation in the show, as well as the funds raised for St. Jude…which is recognized as one of the world’s most outstanding charitable organizations!

The 3rd Annual Back to School Bash will be held on Saturday, August 1st, at the Quaker Steak & Lube, 12832 Jefferson Avenue, Newport News, VA. Rain date is Sunday, August 2nd.

This year’s event is proudly sponsored by Quaker Steak & Lube of Newport News, the Hampton Roads Navy League, Wicked Sisters Café of Virginia Beach, Dyno Tuned Performance of Chesapeake, Hop’s Place of Hampton, Hooters of Hampton Roads, and Trophy World, Inc. of Newport News. This year’s show is also an official sanctioned event of the Chryslers Owners Group.

The event is free to the public, and is open to all makes, models, and years of vehicles…including trucks and SUVs, antique cars, exotic cars, muscle cars, hot rods, race cars, tuner cars, motorcycles, etc. Registration is $20 for all cars, trucks and SUVs, and $10 for all motorcycles. There will be “goody bags” and dash plaques for the first 50 registered participants, food, music, door prizes, a 50/50 raffle, and vehicle displays…and don’t forget to come out and see the Pinup Angels! Awards will be given the top two vehicles in each of the 43 classes…as well as Best of Show and Best Club Participation awards! For more information on the classes, please visit www.hr-mopar.info, and click on the “Back to School Bash 2009” link or the “Back to School Bash” banner.

All money raised will go directly to the St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital!

I realize that many are having to shorten their list of car shows that they are able to attend, so I would like to ask that you PLEASE mark this event on your personal and/or club calendar as one of the events that you definitely plan to attend this year! Please help make this year’s event a huge success as we help in the fight against catastrophic childhood diseases. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]. I thank you in advance for your time and generous support of this event.

Last edited:
I was notified this weekend that the Relay for Life Team The Pink Ladies Cafe...they have been out at the show the past 2 years...will be selling raffle tickets for a 2009 Harley Davidson Nightster, Two-Tone Brilliant Silver Denim & Black. Tickets are only $25 each, and you can buy as many tickets as you'd like...4000 tickets will be sold. All money raised from this raffle will go to the American Cancer Society.

The drawing for the bike will be held at the Back to School Bash. The bike will also be at the event. The tickets are available now...I have 100 for sale. If you would like to purchase one, or some, please let me know.

Here's what I have for door prizes so far:

•Mechanical speedometer gauge wiring harness, two (2) column trim rings, and a T-shirt from Yearwood ($170 total value)
•65% off coupon from Painless Performance
•$50 Old Air Products gift certificate
•$50 Old Air Products gift certificate
•Show special discount coupon from Phoenix Transmission Products for $50 off torque convertor or $100 off transmission
•Show special discount coupon from Phoenix Transmission Products for $50 off torque convertor or $100 off transmission
•Gift certificate from Al’s Liners for one (1) sprayer and two (2) liner kits ($100-$150 value)
•Gift certificate from Al’s Liners for one (1) sprayer and two (2) liner kits ($100-$150 value)
•$10 Hooters gift card, Meguiar’s Quik Detail Kit, and J&B Microfinish T-shirt
•$10 Hooters gift card, Meguiar’s Quik Detail Kit, and J&P Cycles T-shirt
•$10 Hooters gift card, Meguiar’s Quik Detail Kit, and Mopar T-shirt
•Rust Bullet starter kit and T-shirt
•Rust Bullet starter kit and T-shirt
•$25 gift certificate from RockAuto.com
•Starbucks Caffe Verona and Truffle set, two (2) free smoothie or wrap coupons from Tropical Smoothie Café, a visor CD holder from Riverside, and a Meguair’s Quik Detail Kit
•Starbucks Caffe Verona and Truffle set, two (2) free smoothie or wrap coupons from Tropical Smoothie Café, a visor CD holder from Riverside, and a Meguair’s Quik Detail Kit
•$10 Hooters gift certificate, and gift certificate from Color Me Tan for one (1) month of Turbo Tanning
•Starbucks Caffe Verona and Truffle set, two (2) ceramic coffee mugs, one (1) free smoothie or wrap coupon from Tropical Smoothie Café, a visor CD holder from Riverside, and a Meguair’s Quik Detail Kit
•Starbucks Caffe Verona and Truffle set, two (2) ceramic coffee mugs, one (1) free smoothie or wrap coupon from Tropical Smoothie Café, a visor CD holder from Riverside, and a Meguair’s Quik Detail Kit
•$10 Lowe’s gift card, $10 Hooters gift card, a Meguiar’s Quik Detail Kit, and Yankee Clean Cotton Housewarmer Candle
•$45 Outback gift certificate
•$30 Applebee’s gift card
•$30 Emeril’s Forge Restaurant gift certificate (formerly Parrot Bay Café)
•$25 gift certificate from Hop’s Place
•$25 gift certificate from Hop’s Place
•$25 gift certificate to Hi-Ho Silver
•Family 4-pack from Langley Speedway
•Gift basket from Cheeseburger in Paradise

Note: Subject to change by Saturday. More items to be added if/when they are donated. Packages may be changed as items are added.

I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of places about donation items, and Carlisle is sending me a few passes to give away as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back