• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 4" Alternator Pulley / Max Wedge Alternator

Status
Not open for further replies.

VANDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
Looking for a 4" alternator pulley, as used on the Max Wedge cars. Ideally, priced reasonably. Will consider a complete alternator also. Single groove preferred. Thanks
IMG_0785.JPG

Dan,
If your looking for a real max wedge alt / pulley I doubt you will find anything reasonably price unless you get lucky & find somebody that doesn't really know what they have most repro pulleys that are machined not stamped are $100-150 & the original 860 alternators if you can find one will set you back easily a few hundred plus it still will need restored.
You can sometimes find the dealer replacement pn# alternator fairly reasonable but you will get some argument about from the hard core **** retentive numbers snobs about it but the numbers are listed in the FSM & realistically is your only other correct option.
Also there was no single groove max wedge alternator pulleys.

Hey Chooch, Thanks for the info on the pulley. I'm not dead set on exact replication, so I don't need date code, or correct parts. I'm just throwing lines out to see if anyone has something they will probably never use. My build is more of a Day 2 car, say dealer prepped for someone wanting to get their car on the track, but still use it for "daily" use, back when drag racing was just getting started. I figure I have the winter months to search around, and save a few $$'s, before I need to make my list for the final push to get it fully ready to go. Thanks again...

if your not doing a real max wedge car or worried about numbers then you shouldn't have any problem finding a nice early double groove pulley which to me are a lot less obvious looking than the repro mw machined pulley.
Here's a photo of a original pulley for my car.

mw alt 6.png mw alt 7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back